Problem with body mass

Mikel

Problem with body mass

Postby Mikel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:07 am

Hello how are you?
I have a problem with the mass of a body.
The scene is a beach, I have a field that will make the beach and a boat to be dragged by the waves.
I apply to the field and rigid body motion -> No.
In the boat I apply rigid body motion and -> Yes, that's the problem, the boat flies.
I've put a Daemon Gravity, I touched the mass properties of Rigid Body and the boat still does not make the logical move from being washed away.
What could be?
thanks

Anaxarchos

Problem with body mass

Postby Anaxarchos » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:02 pm

I also found it to be tough to make boats swim, it was nice if there was a formula one could use in order to determine the ideal mass. If your boat happens to be a multibody, maybve this is a little help for you:

http://fkfx.wordpress.com/2011/09/22/realflow-rigid-bodies-caronte-getting-an-objects-mass-value/
www.fk-fx.com

bitSeq

Problem with body mass

Postby bitSeq » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:13 pm

There is a way to obtain a nearly optimal mass for an object to reach equilibrium in a fluid.

If you add a realwave to the scene and then you will notice at the bottom of the rigid body Realwave settings there is a balanced mass button, click that and rf will work out the mass required to be balanced with the fluids. Bear in mind that this probably uses a standard model to compute the weight, probably a liquid density of 1000 and gravity 9.8.

I have noticed that this can sometimes be buggy and not work until you have moved the object, realwave or changed the mass manually before hand.

Hope that helps.

Mikel

Problem with body mass

Postby Mikel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Ok thank you very much for your help
A greeting

Return to “RF5: Rigidbody simulation”