Speed Boat simulation

A GHOSTLY H

Speed Boat simulation

Postby A GHOSTLY H » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi all I'm trying to simulate a speed boat racing across the water I am a noob to Realflow I've been trying to figure things out on my own before asking for help but I'm at the point of frustration. For starters I'm not exactly sure where to start on animating the boat. I've tried a Wind daemon but it either flips the boat forward from the back or has barely any effect at all it seems there's no in between. I've tried using gravity which seems to do an ok job at first but after a couple frames its sends my boat under water like its diving purposely. I've read that in the manual if I set the bounded option to PUSH with my gravity linked to the boat it would power it but changing the bounded option to PUSH simply has no effect at all. I initially keyframed it but the boat only plowed through the waves/water and looked unnatural because it didn't adjust to contours of the ocean. So the last option which I'm trying to figure out is using Multijoint because I read on a different part of this forum somewhere that linking a Null to the boat then then using multijoint I can keep it on a set course while the boat adjusts to the waves. By the way for all these simulations my boat is a rigid body with a 1500 mass and -3 COG(so the weight is mainly towards the rear). Could someone please help me out with what would be the "best" solution in my case. I just want the boat to coast along the water in a straight line. Thanks!

Anaxarchos

Speed Boat simulation

Postby Anaxarchos » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Do you have access to RF 2012? If so, have you ever thought of using servos?
www.fk-fx.com

A GHOSTLY H

Speed Boat simulation

Postby A GHOSTLY H » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Unfortunately no still on RF 5 I've read that a lot of things are easier in 2012 though.

Return to “RF5: Rigidbody simulation”