MultiBody problem

mcflait

MultiBody problem

Postby mcflait » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi good afternoon, I have a little problem with a scene that I am doing, is a house that is Destroy by a wave, and I have everything prepared and ready, all fragments and all parts of the house I have them loaded onto the scene with a "multibody" as rigid objects with all the same mass and perfect, except when I go to simulate the rigid objects throughout the house due to gravity they fall to me and my house collapses before it reaches the wave how could I do to stay quiet and all objects that destroy the wave?.

Greetings and many thanks to all

bitSeq

MultiBody problem

Postby bitSeq » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm

You need to use multijoints to keep the pieces together, read the help file.

mcflait

MultiBody problem

Postby mcflait » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Bitsep thank you very much for answering, I've been watching and testing the first thing that came into my mind was the multijoin, but as I have been looking at does not work with multibody multijoin, so I get to other options, I have also tried to encourage several values ​​how to set it inactive until the time of the crash, but say that does not work with that either, the more or less logical solutions and had tried.

Thaks

bitSeq

MultiBody problem

Postby bitSeq » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Yes multijoints will work with multi bodies, you may need to increase the distance or angle and then click create, you should put the same object into A and B if all of the parts are in one sd file.

mcflait

MultiBody problem

Postby mcflait » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:35 pm

Thank you so much, although I have tried several times with multijoints'll try again, looking at the next aid limit, I saw that was not used to multijoins multibody, but I will repeat again.

http://thevault.realflow.com/-195.html

Thanks

bitSeq

MultiBody problem

Postby bitSeq » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:15 am

That must be old information as I have been using multi joints with multi bodies just the other day, keep trying.

What version are you using?

mcflait

MultiBody problem

Postby mcflait » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:30 pm

BitSeq Thank you so much, I appreciate very much your help, had tried multijoin default one did not work as reading the help estubo of RealFlow and read that it did not work for multibody and gave up, but since you told me that if it worked and parameters could change, though the scene is going wrong, now the house is like falling rigidbody takes longer due to gravity but I can not even leave you completely still and affect only the water that could be? I have no idea.

It would work if I try to put the house fragmented with all issuers and all exept gravity exclusive links?

I'm using the version of RF 5120.22.0.15

Another problem that I have been going in the same scene is to simulate the water from issuers climbs the walls of the Hybrid Domain as if stuck, I have increased the severity so much and nothing.

Greetings and thank you for everything, I hope to fix this to show you the scene.

http://img836.imageshack.us/i/capturawe.jpg/

dynamic_boy

MultiBody problem

Postby dynamic_boy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:53 pm

I wrote a couple of scripts for RF4 to deactivate objects until a desired frame, you can find them here,

http://resources.realflow.com/search.php#page=1&mode=0&category=&id=64&search=still

no idea if they still works in RF5 but in case yes I think it can help you, let me know
Carlos Pegar

Thinkinetic-Product Manager
http://www.pulldownit.com

Return to “RF5: Rigidbody simulation”