Bounding box issues?

XenosAntics

Bounding box issues?

Postby XenosAntics » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 am

I am trying to incorporate Realflow in with some of my work. If anyone has used Realflow and could offer some answers I would greatly appreciate it. I am working in Realflow 5 with C4D R12 on Mac.

All I am trying to do is create a container and a few objects that will fall into the container and then have fluid poured in as well.

I created the objects using pase primitives in C4D then used the plugin exporter to output a .sd file. The file imported into Realflow correctly as far as I can tell. When i add the rigid body tag to a node I do not see a bounding box. I am following a tutorial and the video even speaks about the bounding box that appears when a rigid body tag is applied. I figured it was just a view setting and continued. yet when I applied the gravity daemon my objects fell straight through each other.

Upon watching more of the tutorial the bounding boxes are what cause the contact I have recreated the project using different objects and sizes and a number of different trials to get the bounding boxes. Looked through some pref files as well and can not find an easy answer.

Is there an issue or a box I am not ticking?

ChristianZ

Bounding box issues?

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi !

bounding box is a term that is more often used for daemons in realflow where you sometimes have the box-shaped or sphere-shaped boundaries of gravity and other forces.
These boxes that you describe with rigid bodies are probably related to the different modes (rigid body->Primitive) used for the collision detection. I often use the "mesh" mode for rigid bodies, because it is the most accurate, at least for irregularly shaped objects.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

XenosAntics

Bounding box issues?

Postby XenosAntics » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:14 am

Thank you for your response. I played around with the scene and setting the collision side to inside I was able to get what I was after. the only thing I have yet to figure out is why I am not able to see the outline.

Return to “RF5: Rigidbody simulation”