Pull down it!

ChristianZ

Pull down it!

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Carlos Pegar, the developer of the rigid body solver in RealFlow, has founded his own company Thinkinetic.

And now comes “Pull down it!”. We are proud to announce the release of Pdi! 1.0, as a plugin for Autodesk Max and Maya.You can download it for free in the download link of the site.

Pull down it! is a brand new dynamics solver which allows for the creation of fractures as well as massive rigid bodies simulations. By using its technology digital artists are able to simulate fast and easily scenes made of thousands of objects and collapse buildings, bridges or any kind of brittle material.

Check it out !
http://www.pulldownit.com/index.php
and the product sheet pdf
RF10 standard + RFC4D, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

tmdag

Pull down it!

Postby tmdag » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:22 pm

nice!
"Do not feed the trolls"
Albert 'tmdag' Szostkiewicz
FX Technical Director
Weta Digital

lukeiamyourfather

Pull down it!

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 pm

I like what I see! Too bad its a plugin that's only for Windows though. Thanks for the news!

jbarnesnyc

Pull down it!

Postby jbarnesnyc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:38 pm

windows only.. :(

frothlord

Pull down it!

Postby frothlord » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:52 pm

How cool.. cant wait to try this at home.

The chair drop in the gallery was just fun to watch :)

Anaxarchos

Pull down it!

Postby Anaxarchos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:46 am

The idea seems nice, but the version available for download feels like in a pre- alpha state.

Has anyone tried the fractures, yet?

Except from a missing tutorial or help, the GUI windows are opening without showing their content, procedures aren't working...ok, it's for free- but if one is offering a alpha version better declare that so no one expects a fully functional one.
www.fk-fx.com

dynamic_boy

Pull down it!

Postby dynamic_boy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:57 am

Hi Everybody,

Im Carlos Pegar the maker of Pdi!, first of all thanks for your positive response and the nice introduction by CristianZ.

The plugin is actually only for windows, Maya Mac and Linux versions will come in the following months.

The plugins are fully functional, it is neither alpha nor beta, all the scenes in our gallery are made with it, including the big one of the acueducto. I recommend you to try the tutorials in our web for checking everyting is working, in case not, please contact us to fix any issue that could appear.

The issue of the size of the windows at firts time open is just Maya, nothing to do, nevertheles you have only to resize them manually once.

We are willing to anwser any question about Pdi in this thread an also in our own forum

cheers
Carlos Pegar

Thinkinetic-Product Manager
http://www.pulldownit.com

ChristianZ

Pull down it!

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks to you, Carlos and the Pdi! team, for offering the free version of the plugin for testing purposes. I am looking forward to trying it myself (...which will be possible as soon as there is an OSX version for Maya). Personally, I am even a little more interested in the fracturing features than the rigid body dynamics, since I have already a collection of plugins and software for rbd, but breaking the stuff automatically in good quality would be nice.
RF10 standard + RFC4D, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

dynamic_boy

Pull down it!

Postby dynamic_boy » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:28 am

well, It is not exactly for testing porpouses, as I have said it is fully functional, of course we apreciate your feedback as users to improve our technology in the right direction.

We realize Mac is a very important platform, and we are planning to develop the Mac version in the following months, I suppose you dont like it, but it is always possible to dual your mac machine with windows ( by using the Bootcamp I gess) to try it meanwhile.
Carlos Pegar

Thinkinetic-Product Manager
http://www.pulldownit.com

frothlord

Pull down it!

Postby frothlord » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm a bit confused with how basic fracture works. I've got 3 blocks in my scene, and a floor. All of the objects are in the Pdi world, the blocks are set to auto, the floor is set to passive or cached.

When I simulate the blocks drop on to the floor - Id like them to shatter.

I then selected everything, clicked on create, and no matter what settings I change from here I never get an Fbody added to the list. Clicking 'check selection' returns a "selection seems OK" message. The basic fracture doesn't seem to want to work for me.

Ive watched the tutorial videos, and ive gone through the tower PDF to see if I missed anything. What I'm doing seems to be correct... I must be missing something, any tips?

I'm using max 9 - 64 by the way.

Thanks! Other then the fracture, the RBD seems very easy to use :)

Return to “Pull down it”