command line?

deckard

command line?

Postby deckard » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:18 pm

I can not figure out how to run RF in a command line. I know absolutely nothing about cryptic scripting and command sentences.

After I open the cmd window, the docs say to "call the executable" but I dont know what it means by "call". Then it says "pass the path of the scene" and I dont know what it means by "pass". Am in Win 7 and the filepath defaults to "C:UsersVM1>". Am I suppose to enter a filepath to the exe? I keep trying to enter a filepath, but it just says 'not recognized' and such. Have no idea what I am suppose to type.

I also tried 'Local launch through Direct Access Icon', but no matter what I enter in the target filepath, it keeps saying, 'target invalid.'

For example, if this is my current target, "C:Program Files (x86)RealFlow4realflow.exe"
and my flow is located at "C:ScenesRealFlowWaterWater_01.flw", then the target filpeath should be,
"C:Program Files (x86)RealFlow4realflow.exe C:ScenesRealFlowWaterWater_01.flw" Correct? But Win 7 keeps insisting the filepath is invalid(?).

shaun_michael

command line?

Postby shaun_michael » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:34 am

Maybe this'll help you:-

http://www.realflowforum.com/view_topic.php?id=2323

Navigate, from the command line to the directory where the realflow.exe is, then enter the comman line syntax there.

Shaun

deckard

command line?

Postby deckard » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:45 am

Thanks Shaun. So you dont enter file extensions like 'exe' or 'flw.'

I dont know. It just keeps saying 'file, dir, or syntax is incorrect' I am allergic to code/math/scripts/expressions. I need big, brightly colored buttons to push.

Someone would have to tell me exactly what to enter.

If,
"C:Program FilesRealFlow4realflownode.exe"

and,
"C:ScenesRealFlowWaterWater_01.flw"

then the line should be...?
"cd c:Program FilesRealFlow4realflownode c:TempRealFlowBlood_15_Command"

Return to “RF4: General topics”