tsn

Python Lesson III

Postby tsn » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:51 pm

Dear friends,

now Lesson III is available for download. Please go to:

[ Link has expired. Tutorials will be revised during the next weeks ]

There is also a little scene file accompanied with the lesson:

[ Link has expired. Tutorials will be revised during the next weeks ]

At the end of this lesson, please find the solution for the last homework.
Now it is also time to work together. We are going to develop our own foam script. A basic version is part of the new lesson. We try to evolve this script and fit it to our own needs. So please make up your minds which features you would like to see with this script. We can collect all of your ideas here in the forum and share certain tasks to people who would like to join this group.

Regards,
tsn

DesignerV

Python Lesson III

Postby DesignerV » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:20 pm

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
www.liquidlight.tv
Sat Nov 25 15:19:51 2006
Apache/2.0.49 (Linux/SuSE)

Fix it, pls :(

tsn

Python Lesson III

Postby tsn » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:12 pm

Sorry! Now the files are available.

shaun_michael

Python Lesson III

Postby shaun_michael » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:33 pm

Thanks Thomas. I am actually learning scripting, something I didnt think I'd do, or even want to do.

Your scripts and help have been instrumental.

I'm very happy to devote my time to a collaborative script. I'll have a think about what the foam script might include.

Cheers,
Shaun

shaun_michael

Python Lesson III

Postby shaun_michael » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:17 am

Here are some off-the-top-of-my-head thoughts on what could be done with a foam emitter:-

Foam emitted based on velocity as well as on collision of particle. For example, the leading edge of a flow could be foam instead of just fluid even though only the lowest of the particles is considered to be colliding with the object.

Particles nearest reference point (say a null) emit dumb foam particles. Could be another solution for above. Say when fluid is hurtling down a corridor, you could place a null at the end of the corridor and the defined number of particles closest to the null would be collected into a foam emitter. I guess this could possibly be linked to particle age too?

RW emitting particles as foam when speed and height values of waves might dictate it and perhaps add a variable wind force to simulate when white-tops are created. (RW particle emitter may already do this).

When RW height reaches certain value, emit foam particles that sit on the surface of the RW ie are born without velocity but have a bit of a vorticity effect so they swirl somewhat.

Once foam slows to a velocity where it collides with it's original particles again reincorporate it back into the main emitter to maintain resolution.

Foam actually emitted from objects or specific polys/normals colliding with RW for things like bow waves and wakes to add to the RW_Splash particles that are emitted.

When foam particles are collected from emitter, have them spawn children, and maybe grandchildren dumb particles to bump up the foam density. This may already be possible?

Just running off some early morning thoughts and haven't really put any thought into whether these are already possible or not without scripting.

Cheers,
Shaun

tsn

Python Lesson III

Postby tsn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:43 pm

Hi Shaun,

thanks for your ideas and comments. Some of these thoughts could be implemented in the first version of our foam script. I also hope some more people here from the forum share their ideas.

BTW tomorrow I?ll upload a new lesson. It?s about creating GUIs in RF4 - this is very helpful for customizing a script.

shaun_michael

Python Lesson III

Postby shaun_michael » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:58 pm

Looking forward to it Thomas, and thanks.

Shaun

mamali132002

Python Lesson III

Postby mamali132002 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:20 pm

links are dead , can u reup your tutorials ?

thank u
myGallery :
http://Siahpoosh.cgsociety.org
myChannel :
http://vimeo.com/user8599420

ChristianZ

Python Lesson III

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Thomas has a new website. Check out the tutorials section.
http://www.rf-toolfactory.com/
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Otuama

Python Lesson III

Postby Otuama » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi.

There is also this site (if you're new to Pyhon): The New Boston. This isn't for Realflow but is very informative and has helped me.

Also, Digital Tutors Rf Scripting.

-Sean
Otuama - Vimeo
'Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.' - Gandhi
'Realism is in the eye of the beholder' - Me ;)

Return to “Python Tutorials and Resources”