Fluid Is really Jittery and never seems to relax once in a glass ect..

Discussion about fluid simulation in Realflow 3
reseaward

Postby reseaward » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:51 am

I have just been using Real Flow for about two months now and can not seem to have my Fluids relax once poured into a glass or other object.

For example If I fill a glass with some liguid no matter how long I let the fluid sim it is always moving and can not get it to stop moving. You can really see this in a render the surface is really jittery as is the sides of the liguid that you can see through the glass.

I have played with many different settings but still can not get it to stop. I have noticed this same proble with other renders I have seen on the web, but then others act excatly as the should. The water pours into the glass splashes and then relaxes and stops moving with no jittery surfaces. Anyone know what I did to do to achieve this?

Also I have noticed that I seem to be unable to get ride of the round edges of my mesh that I created. any way around this?

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:45 am

We've been chatting about this recently.

http://www.realflowforum.com/view_topic.php?id=1507

The jitters are a well known problem for fluids that you wish to remain static. Unless of course you're talking about another behaviour, such as the fluid bouncing? If thats the case, you should raise the Compress parameter (in your preferences dialogue) to something like 8K or more. This is designed to reduce the "elasticity" in the particle mass.

Shaun

Return to “RF3: Fluid simulation”