Convert Object [moved]

Discussion about fluid simulation in Realflow 3
jlgandalf

Convert Object [moved]

Postby jlgandalf » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:37 pm

HI ,I have one question ,if i load a car in real flow i can convert this object in fluid or how to made a watercer ??

thanks all ando excume for my english,im from Spain

glynius

Convert Object [moved]

Postby glynius » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:06 pm

I think that you 've posted a similar message today?
So...if you want to do it i will give you the basic idea...first export your object from your 3d package with the help of nextlimits plugin,you will end up with an *.sd
file. Import the object to Realflow with "import object" from the file menu.scale your scene at 0.05 or something (to match the object with the grid). After this you have many options to how you will fill your object, but first of all you must be sure that your object is closed from all sides so liquid stays into the mesh. You can fill it with the fill option, or you can fill it with one or more emiters.Simulate as many frames as needed to settle the water down, and then stop the simulation, set the emmiter as initial state,and reset to initial state.Then you could theoriticaly to deactivate the interraction with the object and have the liquid shaped as the car, but then if you simulate again the water will drop to floor. In other words if you are not fammiliar at all with realflow, i suggest to play 1 or 2 days with basic emmiters to understand many things, and then jump to your project.Good luck.

shaun_michael

Convert Object [moved]

Postby shaun_michael » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Please, try to keep your threads tidy. You have asked a very similar question and I moved it into the fluid simulation thread. A quick search under your name would have found it.

Now, please dont take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to get rid of you, but if you feel more comfortable in your native tongue then there is an hispanic realflow forum you can ask questions in also.

http://www.realflow.es/foro/index.php

From what I've read through babelfish there are some excellent responses to questions, and some great mods (eh Bea?)

We would love you to keep posting in this forum, but please try to keep your threads in the right place and don't dilute them (little fluid sim joke there - ok, yawn!), by posting lots of similar questions. It makes it so much harder for people to find, and us mods to keep tidy :)

Shaun

Return to “RF3: Fluid simulation”