Milk Splashing

Discussion about fluid simulation in Realflow 4
Karoshi

Milk Splashing

Postby Karoshi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 am

Good Morning,

now I'm sitting here for three days trying to get this effect which is shown on the linked picture.

Finally I used the famous "make a splash" tutorial from 3D world and composed in 3D the other elements around.
But this is still a workaround.

Can anybody give me some tips, how I could get closer to the look of the picture?

Thanks for your help

Attached files

Anaxarchos

Milk Splashing

Postby Anaxarchos » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 am

Hi,

the effect you are trying to achieve is one of the more difficult tasks in RealFlow. As you might have seen,you can get to a movement that is close to the desired effect quite fast but turning it into the real thing is very difficult.

In general, getting the those thin walls like there are on the side of your splash is problematic, even more problematic in RF4 because you do not have a sheeter deamon that can be used to address some of the problems that might come up.

I think there are mainly two ways you should try:

- Model some geometry as some kind of guide for your fluid to mova along, use deamions and some dirty tricks in the shading in order to get als close as it gets to the desired shape

- Use a scripted deamon that gives your fluid a little push in the upward direction, also using a fallOff and possibly only affecting the particles that tend to go upwards because of teh overall motion.
www.fk-fx.com

Karoshi

Milk Splashing

Postby Karoshi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:23 am

thanks for your help. I think I should try your suggested ways.

have a nice weekend!

Fabian

Milk Splashing

Postby Fabian » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 pm

Hey Karoshi,

to be honest, my advice is not to use RF in this case, unless you need it as an animation.

The "big guys" model this kind of splashes by hand, the result will be better and you have more control.

Using RF for the basic shape and continue from there with modeling could be a way to do it.

Cheers,

Fabian

r3dcube

Milk Splashing

Postby r3dcube » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:23 am

Hey,

I just finished a shot like this a few months ago, I would highly recommend RF5 and the sheeter daemon for this, although I know your posting in the RF4 section. If you have access to RF5 I can go through it more if your task is animation, otherwise sculpting is your best bet for a still.

B
http://www.woodard.co.nz

Return to “RF4: Fluid simulation”