Or the version of RF your using.

Sorry mayne.

Let me know if you fix it.
Defeat enemies with success.

Vitor Teixeira

Rain Drop - Water splash

Postby Vitor Teixeira » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:19 pm

These are my latest tests.
Can someone help me here. When the "water ball" hits the surface of the water I want the "stillWater" to go up a lot. Do you guys think this is a matter of gravity, compression or int ext pressure?

I really like the second part and this is what I'm searching for, but the first part is even worse than the others I have created above.

shaun_michael

Rain Drop - Water splash

Postby shaun_michael » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Vitor,

I think what you're missing here is the real-life accuracy that RF lacks. Remember, RF is only a simulator - not a real life replicator.

Watch the Fusion examples carefully. especially right at the end. Watch the drops that have gone over the edge of the container - see how they are attracted under the bowl? This is because there is significant force pushing the particles towards the centre at the end, after the splash, to create the spike in the middle.

I really don't think that you're ever going to get what you want "out of the box" with RF. It needs help.

As you've noted already, you can get close with one part but not the other.

Hey luke how is your script simulation going?

I'm not sure if this is referring to me, or Luke, but I'm not working on the splash script at present, but in my humble opinion, this is what RF needs - help. The only way you're going to get what you want is with a mixture of raw RF power and scripting. Otherwise we'd all have splash examples posted.

I'm posting this because it sounds like you have a lot of work to do to get your degree finished and I want you to succeed. I don't want you wasting time only to be disappointed. Why are you seeing no splash examples on this forum - because they haven't been done, and they haven't been done because RF can't do it out of the box.

Spend your time learning the other tools and you will have more luck.

Keep on working at it, just don't be scared of what you don't know.

Shaun

FA1LURE

Rain Drop - Water splash

Postby FA1LURE » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:47 am

I'm posting this because it sounds like you have a lot of work to do to get your degree finished and I want you to succeed. I don't want you wasting time only to be disappointed. Why are you seeing no splash examples on this forum - because they haven't been done, and they haven't been done because RF can't do it out of the box.

Spend your time learning the other tools and you will have more luck.

Keep on working at it, just don't be scared of what you don't know.

Shaun

Words of wisdom right there!

I also spent my senior year building a fluid dynamics reel, and I spent a ton of time on one individual project rather than giving all my other projects the same amount of love.

I'm guessing your first semester is ending any day now, then Christmas break, then your Final semester.

Focus on your end goals and what you want your work to speak of you in the end.

I did spend hours upon hours learning Python, but in no way do I consider myself an avid scripter at all.

I am still learning everyday little by little, but its gonna take much time.

//

I'll post photos of my sim soon.

Vitor Teixeira

Rain Drop - Water splash

Postby Vitor Teixeira » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:50 am

You are both right. I do really have a lot to do because I'm creating shapes of water and fire. Believe me, the shapes of fire are even harder, but the latest test I've made show some results. I have to deliver the animatic until friday. I'm working a lot in this one because this will be my first image, shape, and I'm deciding If I do just a splash, a big one or several drops falling and playing with depth of field. I don't now yet. Ideas only.
My main message with this work, that as 4 shapes of fire and water, is to show my technical skills within a certain technology or area and also my artistic taste. Thtas why I'm making shapes of both, a little similar with the challenge we have now.

I'm not sure if this is referring to me, or Luke, but I'm not working on the splash script at present, but in my humble opinion, this is what RF needs - help.

Sorry I wanted to say shaun. Thank you for your words and very good advice. I'll still fight to get a better shape until February but you are all right, can't dedicate more time to it. Have to work on the other images I'm making. You all can see them in here if you like, and please comment: http://www.vimeo.com/vitorteixeira
Well this is my latest test. I'm not going to work more on it, maybe later. Hope you all like and if you have something to say please don't keep it to yourself.
Cheers

Vitor Teixeira

Rain Drop - Water splash

Postby Vitor Teixeira » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:58 am

I'm returning to the creation of the rain drop.
This time I definitely have to finish it.
The explosion and the splash are ready so only this one is missing.
I'll post some new tests soon.
Cheers

FA1LURE

Rain Drop - Water splash

Postby FA1LURE » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:09 am

orozcoje wrote:
Thats a good idea Orozcoje. But I'm a little newbie here. Could you explain a little better how can I could do that?

Have you seen these examples:
http://fusioncis.com/research/splashes/

Do you think they do it by that way?

Hello vitor, check the pics, so you can get a better idea. but what I tried to say was model the shape that you want your crown in this case, add some daemons to control the particles for this example I used a magic daemon to sculpt the fluid, after that a script to create the drops on the top of the crown shape.

Hope this pics are a bit more clear for you.

Answering your question about the fusioncis splashes, I'm not sure if they did it in that way but I'm agree with Shaun that they probably used scripting to achieve that type of effect. actually the technique that I'm telling you was an advice from Mark. FusionCIS's splashes and bubbles are been a big inspiration to me.

Shaun: its very inspirational what are you doing about your splash scripting. Actually I want to create a splash maker via scripting but not sure how to start. if is not too much to ask could you give a pseudocode.

Thank you for your help.

orozcoje

Hey oxocoje,

I was wondering how your testing has gone in reference to the images that you posted. From the looks of it you have quite a unique method for such a specific / always talked about simulation.

I wanted to know if you had success with your method and if you have any animation tests you could share.

Thanks.

Return to “RF4: Fluid simulation”