DSpline Deamon - avoiding fluid compression

Discussion about fluid simulation in Realflow 4
Anaxarchos

Postby Anaxarchos » Wed May 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi,

Trying to move some liquids using a DSpline deamon, it seems as if the liquids controlled by the spline tend to compress. This pften results in a tube like shape.

Instead of the tube, for my effect I prefer something that's flatter and even livlier.
Playing around with the attraction values seems to be the key here.

High maounts of radial force seems to enforce compression, whereas too much axis speed makes parts of the fluid "overshoot".

Is there any good description on that matter, maybe here in the forums or elsewhere?

Look at the image attached:

In the green areas the particles are looking like I want them to look, in the red areas it is too "tube like".
www.fk-fx.com

lukeiamyourfather

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Wed May 27, 2009 4:52 pm

The forces are per control point, so its all about tweaking the values by trial and error. This takes a long time but is the only way to get it done that I know of. Cheers!

Anaxarchos

Postby Anaxarchos » Wed May 27, 2009 10:28 pm

This exactly reflects what I suspected. Do you have any better idea on hof to keep the flow "flat" and not "tubed" than working with the least possible radial strength at every turning point?

Radial stregth seems as if all the particles are equally dragged to the circle's senter, forming something like a tube, but somehow I gotta keep the correct motion without having the fluid loose it's shape. That's my main problem with this case.
www.fk-fx.com

Sea153

Postby Sea153 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:19 pm

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=276311189990

This should help :)
Learning is a long bitter sweet journey

Return to “RF4: Fluid simulation”