Was that made with Realflow?

Tutorials and Resources about Realflow
olivermpl

Was that made with Realflow?

Postby olivermpl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi guys,
First of all before I come to my question I have to say I'm kinda new in this forum so I'm not really sure if this is the right section for my question :roll: .
So now to my question I've seen that video on behance https://www.behance.net/gallery/Dust-514-Enter-The-Vicious-Cycle/9847995 and I really liked the effect, especially the beginning where the "sandman" was formed. So I wanted to know if that animation was made with Realflow or it was made with another particle software.

Otuama

Re: Was that made with Realflow?

Postby Otuama » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi, this is a difficult one. It's very likely Rf was used but nowadays there are a few choices when it comes to fluid software, stand alone (Rf) or built in (Houdini). There are other less known fluid apps like Glu3d. Plus, there are also in house fluid simulators like Double Negative's Squirt.

Rf hasn't necessarily been that good for granular based sims, although that's changing with the likes of the Rf snow plugin. However, looking at the video a few times, there doesn't seem to be much sand-like movement. The only thing I saw in there was slight clumsiness when the guy broke up.

So....... to sum all this up....... maybe Rf was used, maybe not.
iCreate Ltd
'Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.' - Gandhi
'What Does Success Look Like?' - iCreate Ltd

Otuama

Re: Was that made with Realflow?

Postby Otuama » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:35 am

#Clumpiness, not clumsiness :D
iCreate Ltd
'Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.' - Gandhi
'What Does Success Look Like?' - iCreate Ltd

Return to “Tutorials and Resources”