Importing new sd files to a scene

Describe your realflow bugs
Anaxarchos

Postby Anaxarchos » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:23 am

I imported a sd file into my scene, simulated the scene and wasn't satisfied with the animation. So I changed some values in maya and exported a new sd file. Importing the file (after deleting the old sd objects) all I get in RF is the camera.
www.fk-fx.com

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:34 pm

There were some posts recently about funky updated sd files. Did you try clearing out all the old sd stuff, saving the scene, closing and reopening, then trying the new sd?

There is the update sd option in the file menu, but I've not used it from lightwave-generated sd files yet so can't attest to it's accuracy. I had promised, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Shaun

Anaxarchos

Postby Anaxarchos » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:30 pm

Well, I simply deleted my old files, so they weren't in my scene anymore. Then I Imported some new sd file (with a different name, btw) and as a result there was just a camera in the scene. RF seems to have a lot of problems with caching, not only with SD files. I've made several experiences, when there were rests of old simulations in my new files. The greatest fun of all about that is when you're doing some developement with scripting. I suppose their neither the memory management concept nor the initialization of variables when starting or loading a scene was done properly and with a clean concept and I am looking forward to seeing that done better in RF 9.
www.fk-fx.com

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:03 pm

I am looking forward to seeing that done better in RF 9.

I'd take it in RF5 :)

Shaun

lukeiamyourfather

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Did you triangulate the animation before exporting the SD file again? Whenever I get only the camera it's because I forgot the triangulate the objects. Cheers!

Anaxarchos

Postby Anaxarchos » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 am

The scene was triangulated.
www.fk-fx.com

Return to “Realflow bug report”