Something odd with the C4D connectivity plugin...

Describe your realflow bugs
heisenberg

Something odd with the C4D connectivity plugin...

Postby heisenberg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 am

Hi all,

Something strange is going on with the connectivity plugin for C4D. When doing a render of a mesh created using RealFlow 10 it looks like it gets stuck on the first frame or something. Funny enough, the Arnold IPR renders fine.

I've tried the same mesh sequence in Maya and that works fine.

Anyone else encountered this?

Cheers.

ChristianZ

Re: Something odd with the C4D connectivity plugin...

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 am

Hi

no, I have not seen such a problem so far. I assume the files are non-zero on the hard disc ? Also, take care to adjust the start/end (or how it is called) parameters in the plugin. If this is wrong then the plugin stops loading files too early.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

heisenberg

Postby heisenberg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi ChristianZ,

What you mean by non-zero?

I think it is to do with the frame rate because when I set it to the C4D default the problem goes away.

I had things set up at 600fps before I exported the SD to RealFlow. In RealFlow I also set the frame rate to 600fps.

I suppose I could always render the images/passes at 30fps after importing everything?

Cheers.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Good to hear that it works again.
Just meant that it could (rarely) happen that there is no mesh saved at some point of in the simulation because emitters stop or some kill conditions remove particles.
Regarding different frame rates in C4D I don't have much experience, since I always render at video speeds that the usual end devices support (25 or 30 fps). The frame rate in RF for me is only a tool to change the behavior or look of the simulation, but then in C4D or Maya I render the final movies at 30 fps.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 am

Hi Christian,
could you explain a bit more how does it affects the look and behavior of the simulation the change of the frame rate?

Do you recommend this change to get a more realistic result, even if you finish rendering at 25 or 30 fps?

Thanks

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 am

Hi Christian,
could you explain a bit more how does it affects the look and behavior of the simulation the change of the frame rate?

Do you recommend this change to get a more realistic result, even if you finish rendering at 25 or 30 fps?

Thanks

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17 pm

I am not saying that it is always a better choice to simulate at very high frame rate to get a more realistic result. Often, a slow-motion version of a liquid simulation is desirable, because it is one of the advantages of computer graphics without having to use or rent expensive video equipment.

In some cases, especially with high viscosity fluids, higher fps may result in a more stable fluid simulation. This is a little different now with the Dyverso solvers where parameters like the iterations in the simulation preferences also play an important role for the behavior and look of the fluid.

The issue of collisions and time steps is a whole other topic. Recommended read here http://blog.realflow.com/tips/glossary- ... collision/
RF10 standard + RFC4D

heisenberg

Postby heisenberg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Many thanks. :)

Return to “Realflow bug report”