Dyverso Crashes when using OpenCL-GPU or CUDA

Describe your realflow bugs
RuiManuel

Dyverso Crashes when using OpenCL-GPU or CUDA

Postby RuiManuel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:16 am

Hi all,

Why is that everytime I use OpenCL-GPU or CUDA-GPU on Dyverso RealFlow crashes imediatly?

This is turning RealFlow really useless. I am experience this problem for months now and dont know what to do more. :(

Can please somebody help?

- Using RealFlow 10 on Windows 10; I7 7700K processor; Asus GTX GeForce 1080 8MB card;

ChristianZ

Re: Dyverso Crashes when using OpenCL-GPU or CUDA

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:59 am

Hi

I also have crashes here very often with the GPU-options in Dyverso. The funny thing is: it only sometimes crashes, sometimes after some frames (RAM-issue?) into the simulation and not at the start :| Well. in my case you can always say it is because it's a Mac, but that is somewhat lame explanation since Nvidia supports the system.
Does this problem happen also in command line simulations?
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

ivalduan

Postby ivalduan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:37 am

RuiManuel wrote:Hi all,

Why is that everytime I use OpenCL-GPU or CUDA-GPU on Dyverso RealFlow crashes imediatly?

This is turning RealFlow really useless. I am experience this problem for months now and dont know what to do more. :(

Can please somebody help?

- Using RealFlow 10 on Windows 10; I7 7700K processor; Asus GTX GeForce 1080 8MB card;

Hello RuiManuel,

I am the main developer of Dyverso, could you give us more details or a sample scene to try to reproduce the problem? If it crashes always without condition it seems an issue related to your platform, but that is weird cause this is the first time we have a report of that type with Windows machines.

ivalduan

Postby ivalduan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:03 am

ChristianZ wrote:Hi

I also have crashes here very often with the GPU-options in Dyverso. The funny thing is: it only sometimes crashes, sometimes after some frames (RAM-issue?) into the simulation and not at the start :| Well. in my case you can always say it is because it's a Mac, but that is somewhat lame explanation since Nvidia supports the system.

Hello ChristianZ,
could you give us one scene with a random crash to try to reproduce it? There's a known random bug with a filter daemon and orbiting the viewport while gpu simulation is working, that one is already solved for the first update. Not sure if it is related to what you are experiencing.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 pm

ivalduan wrote:
ChristianZ wrote:Hi

Hello ChristianZ,
could you give us one scene with a random crash to try to reproduce it? There's a known random bug with a filter daemon and orbiting the viewport while gpu simulation is working, that one is already solved for the first update. Not sure if it is related to what you are experiencing.

Hi ivalduan,

its great that you are having a look at this issue. For me it looks like one of those things that are hard to reproduce, but I will prepare over the weekend a relatively simple Dyverso project that leads to repeated crashes on one of my Macs with Nvidia graphics. Thanks!

RuiManuel

Postby RuiManuel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi Ivalduan,

Thank you so much for your quick answer on this issue. I am preparing more details to share right now.

RuiManuel

Postby RuiManuel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Ivalduan,

Here are the details about this crash problem:

1 - Using Dyverso square emitter, 1 Crown daemon in scene (please see image attached).
2 - Using Windows 10 Pro Edition, 32 GB Ram, 512 SSD Disk, Asus Geforce GTX 1080 Graphics Card.
3 - As soon as I edited internal and external pressure on the Dyverso Domain, hit Reset and Simulate the crash occurs. but it will occur also editing other parameters besides those ones.

I am attaching for you to analyse:

a) a screen shot of the crash, here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_mgF ... nZYYWRmVHM

b) a compressed file of the scene, here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_mgF ... mw1U2VQRUE

I really hope you can help in some way. It is so important :(

Thank you so much.
Rui

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:18 pm

I had a look at your file. It crashed immediately here with Cuda-GPU turned on. Without Cuda it was simulating, but the crown splash did not really work... so I did some changes on the file to get a better crown splash. And then, it was running without and with Cuda :shock:
Have a look at this one, if it runs better on your system (it has an initial state of the domain saved->reset to initial state first):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwom4xrw2dc07ml/tst4.zip?dl=0

RuiManuel

Postby RuiManuel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:28 pm

Thanks, Christian!! :D

I will have a look rigth away!

All the best! :D

RuiManuel

Postby RuiManuel » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:55 pm

It works but keeps crashing in Cuda mode.

For some reason it seems it didnt keep your project settings: the dyverso liquid explodes and the generated Crown is too thick, no matter what is in the With parameter.

I'm doomed. :(

Return to “Realflow bug report”