SD position problem

Describe your realflow bugs
TheOutpost

SD position problem

Postby TheOutpost » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:40 am

Why does my .sd file move to another position in realflow's world space after a simulation?! It's anoying for preview purposes. When I hit simulate again it pops back in its correct position.

problem: http://i66.tinypic.com/eakqgx.jpg

TY

ChristianZ

Re: SD position problem

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Some years ago I had similar problems with flippig around axes with exported animations. So, it indeed looks like a bug in the export of the animation via the connectivity plugin in your 3D software.
Did you try to re-export the SD-file after a restart of the 3D application?
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

TheOutpost

Re: SD position problem

Postby TheOutpost » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:54 am

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried re-exporting the .sd file but that doesn't work either. I've already experienced this in a couple of projects before, also with previous versions of Maya. So it's not a 'new' bug.

There is one 'hack' to work around that could define the problem: if you stop simulating after lets say 100 frames; the problem shows up during the preview (the 100 cached frames). When hitting the simulate button again and simply stop it after the first frame, the .sd file pops back for the 'old' cached 99 remaining frames. So it looks like it has something to do with loading/updating the last sequence of cache in combination with the .sd?

Return to “Realflow bug report”