Hybrido strange bug

Describe your realflow bugs
Caze_One

Hybrido strange bug

Postby Caze_One » Sat May 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Hello, I'm new on this forum, I have an issue with Realflow 2013. Here's my problem :

Okay so I've been doing some Realflow for this project for a month, and I started working on this shot, everything is fine in the simulation except at one spot, were the particles seems to separate in a line...
I have a very simple preset, a cube open as a container, a plane for the ground, and the character, all imported as .sd from maya, which always worked before. I'm using only one emitter in an hybrido domain and a gravity, somme killer volumes which are far from that spot, and a kill isolated set to 0.5.
I tried raising the hybrido substeps from 1-3 to 5-15, no difference, used a surface offset on the ground and the character, tried to remove all the details on the feet (toes, nails etc), pushed the ground under the feet in soft selection, absolutely no changes. Cell size is 0.1 on both domain, character and ground.

Here is a preview at the precise spot, I really can't figure this out...

http://youtu.be/pkFzrG5djV8

If any one as ever saw something like this, or even better have a solution, it will save my life ! Thanks a lot !

Caze_One

Re: Hybrido strange bug

Postby Caze_One » Mon May 25, 2015 8:56 am

I started the scene back from the beginning, imported the .sd and set more or less the same parameters, still the same problem... Please I really need help with this

maybe you can see it better in this preview :
https://youtu.be/u9UuOj4SHko

Thanks in advance

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Hi

unfortunately I have no immediate solution for you. There seems to be a problem with collider interaction or its voxelization processing, maybe a bug in the hybrido system?
"Ghost" objects interacting with liquids have been observed before. What you see in the viewport is the polygon object, but the actual collision voxels may look different (have a look in the display of the volume, to turn on the visualization of the object in order to check).
It could help to change the geometry of the object, and re-export or export in another format.
I recommend to send the scene to Nextlimit support for an advice.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Caze_One

Postby Caze_One » Mon May 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi thanks for the answer, I tried several times to re-export the geometry, I import the container the ground and the character as a .sd, I'll try as an alembic and let you know, I changed the geometry several times too, still going crazy, I'll make a preview with the volume display, haven't thought about it. I'll try sending it to next limit but in fact I have a week to finish this so I don't know if I can wait for their answer.
I first tried with SPH particles and the bug wasn't there, but way too heavy to simulate if I wanted the same amount of water... That's why I switched to hybrido and I kind of regret it now, if I can't make it work I'll go back to SPH but the simulation time will increase way too much...
I'll continue to post if any changes. Thanks again, I wish some one will have a solution for me.

Caze_One

Postby Caze_One » Thu May 28, 2015 11:31 am

Apparently switching the character's volume mode from volume inside to shell solved the problem... Still doesn't have any sense but I don't even want to understand anymore, since it works. Thanks again, hope it'll help some one

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Thu May 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback, it is very much appreciated!

RF2015 should provide more reliable methods for volume generation. Let's see.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Realflow bug report”