how to import cloth objet to realflow

Show us your Realflow WIPs
tubarao1110

how to import cloth objet to realflow

Postby tubarao1110 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:39 pm

heloo i'm traying to make a liquid explosion of a sphere in cloth i do the objet in cinema4d "sphere in cloth tag with tear "but i cant import the animation object "cloth tear " in realflow how i can do that
or how to simulate a cloth tear in realflow 2012 help please !!tkx
i wanna to make like ;

stascrash

Re: how to import cloth objet to realflow

Postby stascrash » Tue May 21, 2013 2:54 pm

i never worked with c4d - cloth, but i had to work and make some simulations with cloth using maya, and forward data to 3d max... (don't ask why ;) )
. the workflow that did the trick for me and allowed to see the simulated cloth in maya inside for realflow:
1. Simulated cloth as is in your application *maya in my case)
2. BAKE simulation to CACHE file
3. Apply cache data to Geometry (original geometry)
4. Point Cache the NEW GEOMETRY
5. Export SD
---
some notes on that:
in maya, when you toggle one object to become cloth, maya makes a new copy of the geometry and all of the cloth-sims are applied to it, so when you are done, you cache it, In maya, you can also transfer the cache to input(original) mesh, or you can do that by hand. That way your original geometry reads point location from the simulated data.
after that you have to bake/record the location of each vertex, so you bake the original geometry, and it is ready to be exported to SD file that realflow picks up.

here is what i got:
http://youtu.be/Q-6kSMmrBJk

tubarao1110

Postby tubarao1110 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:30 am

thank u stascrash I'll try ur methode although i dont no how to use maya " in cinema 4d i cache the siulation and I use cappuccino to record the simulation but it doesn't work "

stascrash

Postby stascrash » Wed May 22, 2013 11:39 am

try performing the point cache, i am not sure if there is a direct way to do that in c4d, however, i know when you export FBX, there is an option to bake point cache.

you can try exporting to fbx, and in the new scene importing your fbx, and generate SD for RF that way. i hope this works

lourencohen

Postby lourencohen » Thu May 21, 2015 11:42 am

That is a good tutorial. But the tutorial would have been more lively and easy to understand if it was a video tutorial. I hope you would not mind to put some time on a video tutorial on this. I am just starting to learn all these. And I hope I can follow you in this.

---------------------------
LOUREN COHEN
independent living centers
---------------------------

adammary

Postby adammary » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:18 am

I am doing a simple simulation which involves - fluid particles, rigid body dynamics, soft body dynamics of RF. i am happy with the simulation in RF. its working fine, no issues with that.

here is a preview of the simulation in RF. click the thumbnail to download the movie [ 2.8 M ] --->

The problem ceates when i import the sd file created by Realflow. The cloth [ which is a max plane object ] is assigned a soft body dynamics property in RF. cloth object interacts with the water, cube. so it deforms.

but max is not able to capture the dynamics of the cloth from the sd file. max can easily read the dynamics of the cube as its a rigid body in RF.

here is a preview of the max viewport after importing sd file. click the thumbnail to download the movie [ 1.6 M ] --->

PHP Training in Chennai :D

as u can see in the animation above, plane remains static in the whole animation. thats the problem. why its not able to read the cloth dynamics from the sd file ???

here is a preview of the max viewport after importing sd file.... and after importing bin file of the cloth which is created by RF. click the thumbnail to download the movie [ 2.3 M ] --->

PHP Training in Chennai :D

now here atleast max can read the bin file created by RF of the cloth object. thats a good thing.

so , what do u guys think..... wy max is not reading the cloth object dynamics from the sd file.
have u used soft body dynamics of RF ???

thanx for the help in advance.

Return to “Work in progress”