Hybrido testing RF5 Demo

Show us your Realflow WIPs
daantjuh44

Hybrido testing RF5 Demo

Post by daantjuh44 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi there

Here is a quick test with hybrido to see how 1 million particles would look.

I personally think it looks pretty awesome I even get a nice looking surf type wave !

I find it strange that the fluid is so sticky on the top face of the fluid domain I have no idea what's causing that.

It took about 1.5 hours to fully simulate and I only upped the resolution to the maximum allowed by the demo all other setting were left at their default values

Youtube video

lukeiamyourfather

Hybrido testing RF5 Demo

Post by lukeiamyourfather » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:14 pm

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing! Its worth noting that the quantity of particles is no longer a useful metric to determine the detail of the simulation if its a grid based simulation in RealFlow 5. The dimensions of the container are 56x56x165 (shown in the viewport). So there are 517,440 voxels in the simulation which is the real useful information that describes how detailed the simulation is. The quantity of particles is more or less arbitrary since one could advect a million particles or ten million particles through the volume and not really change how it looks, they are just for visualization since the voxels don't inherently have visibility. Cheers!
WhenPicsFly | Debian GNU/Linux

daantjuh44

Hybrido testing RF5 Demo

Post by daantjuh44 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 pm

So in order to get more detail I need to increase the size of the domain therefore increasing the amount of voxels ?

lukeiamyourfather

Hybrido testing RF5 Demo

Post by lukeiamyourfather » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:22 pm

daantjuh44 wrote: So in order to get more detail I need to increase the size of the domain therefore increasing the amount of voxels ?
The "resolution" of the grid simulation is roughly how many voxels to stuff into the volume of the whole container. Making the volume bigger won't make more voxels, it'll just make the existing ones bigger. Cheers!

http://tutorials.realflow.com/the_fluid_panel-106.html
WhenPicsFly | Debian GNU/Linux

daantjuh44

Hybrido testing RF5 Demo

Post by daantjuh44 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks for the tutorial it was very helpful !

Return to “Work in progress”