pouring milk on itself...

Show us your Realflow WIPs
alredha

Postby alredha » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:11 am

hello!

i'm working on a pouring milk shot where the milk collide and get back on itself,......

he problem is when the particles get back, the generated mesh doesn't seem to be colliding, it is blended once the particles get closer from itself, i know it's logical but i do think it's not realistic.....

anyone knows any solution for that?

Attached files

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:48 am

Hi !

welcome to the forum

To your question: Maybe you can avoid this effect by changing your mesh setting, so that it is less eager to fuse with itself (lower the blend factor of the mesh).
The mesh might not collide, but the particles do. An increased particle resolution might increase the precision of that.
In my wavetank simulations, I had the impression that this type of collision is taking place in a more or less realistic way:
http://www.cardiomyocytes.com/movies/Brandungswellen_newanim1.mov
RF10 standard + RFC4D

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:51 am

I agree with Christian. This looks like a resolution and blending/particle radius issue to me. Have you tried upping your resolution so that you can lower your particle radius and blending parameters? Do you have a screenshot of this frame from RF with res, filtering, particle radius and blending values?

Shaun

alredha

Postby alredha » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:24 pm

sorry guys for the delay, i've been working on other project and forget a bit about this one, but i'd like to finish it.....here is the scene setup>>>>

the simulation took 1 day and the mesh generation less than a half day on HP xeon 2.4 with 2GB Ram.

thanks...

Attached files

Return to “Work in progress”