Technical Toilet Simulation - Please Help!

Show us your Realflow WIPs
rnewberry22

Technical Toilet Simulation - Please Help!

Postby rnewberry22 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:02 pm

I have been wrestling with a toilet bowl simulation for a few weeks now and would greatly appreciate any pointers anyone can give me. My scene file, latest simulation preview and a video of the specific toilet that needs to be simulated can all be found at this dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ybi9y38ury8 ... J9F4a?dl=0

Essentially, the fluid needs to come out of the two emitters, swirl around the bowl, covering the surfaces with a thin sheet of fluid and then proceed out the hole at the bottom. I am having trouble getting the fluid from the emitters to swirl without cranking up the speed and getting the fluid to cover the bowl without using way too many particles so that the toilet doesn't drain properly.

There is a filled object emitter in the base of the toilet with an initial state set at the beginning and an emitter in the base that helps push the water out the drain.
I'm a newbie and need to get this out to my client asap so any help would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Herbert

Re: Technical Toilet Simulation - Please Help!

Postby Herbert » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:21 am

Hi,

your dropbox link is not working.

Cheers!

rnewberry22

Postby rnewberry22 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Hmm.. give this one a shot. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ybi9y38ury8 ... J9F4a?dl=0
I tried to upload the files but I guess they are too large to come through.
Thanks for letting me know!

Oldcode

Postby Oldcode » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:26 pm

Hi,

A couple of things you can try are the Vortex daemon to get the water to spin without the setting the emitter speed too high...

And, to get to water to stick to the surface of the toilet bowel, in the Particle Fluid Interactions, increase the sticky to 300=500, increase the Particle friction to 0.1, but not too much more, and the same with the Roughness to about the same. Also, don't set the Surface Tension too high, else your thin film of water will bunch up too much.

Good Luck,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Return to “Work in progress”