viscosity variation over time

Show us your Realflow WIPs
mattmos

viscosity variation over time

Postby mattmos » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi chaps,

I'm testing out realflow for our studio, and am attempting a twix-tyle caramel pour over biscuit. The viscosity is extremly high in order to get the fluid to overlap on itself, but then I'd like to lessen the viscosity in order to melt together more. Is this easy enough to do with a particle based workflow? Could I animate a container of some sort along the biscuit after the caramel folds to set the viscosity much lower? Or do something with particle age?

As you can see in the vid I tried a heater deamon, before realising that it was for gases only.

https://app.box.com/s/b98mwiy0qpqiocxhsi8e

Any help much appreciated,

thanks,
matt

Jimmy_Babe

Re: viscosity variation over time

Postby Jimmy_Babe » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 am

Hey Mattmos.

Viscosity, like nearly all attributes in Realflow, is able to be animated (Right click on the attribute and set key). However, this will affect all particles from that emitter, regardless of their age. If you want to have the caramel particles become more melty the longer they've been been alive, I would them use a filter deamon and container emitter on it. You can set the filter to change the particles attributes from one source to the attributes of another by a certain age. Hope this helps.

Return to “Work in progress”