Rf Shortcut Buttons

Discussion about scripting with Python
Otuama

Rf Shortcut Buttons

Postby Otuama » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi all.

Anyone know whether it's possible to create a button which loads up the simulation events window (or batch etc) ?

Forgot to give a reason why...... Well, because I'm lazy. Why click the mouse twice when you can do it once? That's so 20th century.
iCreate Ltd
'Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.' - Gandhi
'What Does Success Look Like?' - iCreate Ltd

bolek

Rf Shortcut Buttons

Postby bolek » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:49 am

Witam.

I don't think there is such option.... anyhow you've got shortcut keys ( ctrl + F2 - events ) so you don't have to click even once.
: )

Otuama

Rf Shortcut Buttons

Postby Otuama » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 am

Ok, ta.

I know about the shortcut but I can never remember it. I always open 'job manager' instead of batch script and 'movie player' instead of simulation events.

Really, really annoying :mad:
iCreate Ltd
'Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.' - Gandhi

bitSeq

Rf Shortcut Buttons

Postby bitSeq » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:59 am

I feel your pain only too well, I regularly click on Video Preview instead of Open Preview Preferences and as you probably know its almost impossible to escape out of a preview without pressing ESC every .25 seconds for the next 5 mins or just kill RF and reopen the scene..... This was the bane of my existence for quite some time.

Yes I would really like more shortcut buttons, a macro recording system would be awesome! Whilst I am here ranting.... I would like a listener window too as sometimes finding the right syntax for things can be a bit of a pain, plus a log of what settings have been changed would also be very handy.

p.s. Has anyone ever managed to "Load Screen Texture" on the right click menu on the viewport.

Otuama

Rf Shortcut Buttons

Postby Otuama » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:11 pm

I would like a listener window too

Do you mean like Maya's script editor (echo all commands). If so I'd like that too.

I've also never understood why when copying a higher poly scripted object, the copy is made with the default low poly's.
iCreate Ltd

Return to “Python-Scripting”