Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Discussions about the use of Realflow's Renderkit
Stefx

Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Postby Stefx » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 am

I cannot find information on how to render magnitudes with maxwell.
Is it not implemented yet in 2.6?
Also like to ask if there is no such thing as utility node (maya) or vertex shader that can be used with maxwell material?

Stu

ChristianZ

Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:43 am

Maybe the next webinar is something for you:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/553815214
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

rusty149

Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Postby rusty149 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Has part 1 already been then? I know there was one before Christmas, but I didnt think that was part one of this?

ChristianZ

Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:50 pm

The first one was in November titled "Getting the Most out of RealFlow 2012"

the next ones are Part 1: January 31st, Part 2: February 28th
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

rusty149

Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Postby rusty149 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Cheers Signed up for both :D

thecayflow

Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Postby thecayflow » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi, Stu.
Hope you enjoyed the webinar. One of my Maya instances decided to go out before the party was over, but I hope you had at least an idea of how to do that: at the end of it we just could barely show how to add a UVChannel to a bunch of particles. Connecting magnitudes such as the Age for instance is pretty similar.

This functionality is still not ready for the Mesher but will come very soon, bear with me.

If you want to use it with the Particler, basicaly you can do the following:

1.- In the Maxwell Shelf clic on Create RealFlow RenderKit Particles. Add a Maxwell material onto it.

2.- In the atribute editor, Clic on the maxwellRFRKParticles1 node, then clic on the Add UV Channel, under the UV Channel Mapping tab, and select whatever magnitude you want to connect (velocity, age, etc..). Keep in mind that everytime you add a new additional UV Channel it will be created in a different channel (0,1,2,3...). If you just want to connect one magnitude, just leave it in 0.

3.- Clic on the Maxwell material and then clic on the the texture button of the option that you want to connect with that magnitude (Refl0, Roughness.., etc.) as if you were going to add a texture. If you want to project a texture over the particles, simply select the picture file. If you want to simply add a magnitude connection (for instance the age with the Refl0 or the Roughness...), add a gradient map from left to right with the gradient values that you want to apply.

4.- In the file node of the texture or the gradient map, be sure that under the Maxwell Image Controls tab, the UV Channel value matches the channel of the magnitude that you want to connect (i.e.: if you just connected one magnitude, make sure that value is set to 0).

5.- You should be done with that. Always is quite recommendable to normalize the values of the magnitude that you want to connect (basically to match the values with the gradient map).

Attached a couple of pictures, hope they're useful for you.
Thank you very much to all of you.

Next Limit Team

Stefx

Re: Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Postby Stefx » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks for tips and the detailed reply. It seems to work for most magnitudes i try now with particles. I didnt figure out how the No. Neighbor Magnitidude work tho. What I'm looking to do is to mix two liquids with different colours. Maybe I have to wait and see what's possible to do with the Mesher functionality.

Stu

lourencohen

Re: Maxwell RFRK (maya)

Postby lourencohen » Wed May 27, 2015 8:51 am

Maybe I can learn from this as well. I have been searching for a good alter on the magnitude. I could not set up the magnitude. You have actually shown the UV level setting in the picture here. But I need to know about how to set the magnitude level.

------------------------
LOUREN COHEN
zip line brake
------------------------

Return to “RealFlow Renderkit”