RFRK mesher only meshing core particles

Discussions about the use of Realflow's Renderkit
lacluna

Postby lacluna » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:51 pm

I know there are "core" "splash" sliders but I still cannot get all of my particles meshed no matter how much I tweak the settings.

I have an object emitter that leaves a trail behind it. My particles look beautiful ! however when I mesh it I only get a mesh around the object and the trail is just not there.

The standard meshing looks PERFECT but unfortunately it gets SO HEAVY (up to 4gb per .bin file) as the animation progresses that it ends up crashing maya with the simplest of settings.

In the past I have adjusted the radius of the mesh but no matter how much I increase it, I still don't get the trail, only a blobbier core.

Please help,
LAC

Anaxarchos

Postby Anaxarchos » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Have you tried setting up a RFRK mesh in RealFlow with these settings or are you working in your 3D app, only?
www.fk-fx.com

lacluna

Postby lacluna » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:38 pm

3d app only, but I have tried meshing with RFRK in realflow in the past without much success. I will try again now but if somebody comes up with more ideas please post.

Anaxarchos

Postby Anaxarchos » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:14 am

What I intended to say was that you might try setting up the mesh in RF first. There you can find a basic setting. Later, apply that setting in your 3D app.

If you need more information, you should post a screenshot of your particles, the mesh and the settings you are using. You could also upload a BIN file so we might try if we are experiencing the same difficulties as you are.
www.fk-fx.com

Return to “RealFlow Renderkit”