installing problem, help!!

Discussions about the use of Realflow's Renderkit
phiphat

Postby phiphat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:18 pm

We just bought one license over a couple weeks ago, installing it and it's working great on my workstation. Now we need to render some serious simulation, so we rented 10 more and tried to install it over our machines in our render farm. It read the license fine, but the service does not start!! It has an error saying that it started and stopped immediately. We contacted Next Limit, and they asked us to check if our port 2223 to 2226 is open, and our firewall must be turned off. our firewall is off, but I dont' know how to check if our port is open or not. Has anyone have this problem before? how do you fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Phiphat

lukeiamyourfather

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Generally speaking if the firewall is disabled then all ports are open without restriction. To double check you could ping the systems on a specific port, and if it replies those ports are open for incoming traffic. Outgoing traffic is another story and some firewalls will restrict outgoing traffic and you'll want to double check that those are disabled. Cheers!

phiphat

Postby phiphat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Thank you very much lukeiamyourfather for a very quick reply. I'll double check that. uh... do I install a license manager on each of the nodes on the render farm?

phiphat

Postby phiphat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:54 pm

We sort of figured it out, thank you very much lukeiamyourfather.

Phiphat

Return to “RealFlow Renderkit”