no weight normalisation in RF 5.0.3?

Discussions about the use of Realflow's Renderkit
EZO83

no weight normalisation in RF 5.0.3?

Postby EZO83 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Hello!

I'll get straight to the point. I'm using RF 5 and have noticed that there is no option for WEIGHT NORMALISATION in the particle mesh render kit.

The mesh forms a blob around the particles rather than conforming to the particle cluster shape.

Is there a way to tighten the mesh around my particles?

It's only 4000 odd particles on a small scale, i appreciate this may have something to do with the 'blobby' mesh, and that increasing the scale of the object I'm trying to fill/amount of particles I'm using may increase the amount of detail (I'm filling an object with hard edges).

Next Limit support site says 'Weight Normalization: If you need a more accurate representation of the particle cloud, please switch this parameter to “Yes”.'

But there is no Weight Normalisation option in the Standard Version that I'm using.

tsn

Re: no weight normalisation in RF 5.0.3?

Postby tsn » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:30 am

The answer is simply that "Weight normalization" has been added in RF2013 - it's not there in RF5 ;)

EZO83

Re: no weight normalisation in RF 5.0.3?

Postby EZO83 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:51 pm

:cry: I wondered if there is anything that can be done to compensate for the lack of weight normalisation to tighten the mesh to my particles other than increasing object size and therefor particle count?

Return to “RealFlow Renderkit”