RealFlow and Linux

Discussions about the use of Realflow in other Software Packages
lukeiamyourfather

RealFlow and Linux

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:33 am

gstaikov wrote: hi guys, I had the same problem with runnnig the RF on Fedora 9, so I downloaded and installed the tcsh and edit the file (and added a # before the line about setenv_kernel bla bla bla.) then type in console ./realflow ... and voila :)

Good luck!

If you have the funny Alt and drag behavior where it moves the window, change the movement key in the System>Preferences>Look and Feel>Window Preferences. On Gnome that is, not sure if KDE has that problem or not. Cheers!

r3dcube

RealFlow and Linux

Postby r3dcube » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:23 pm

If you have the funny Alt and drag behavior where it moves the window, change the movement key in the System>Preferences>Look and Feel>Window Preferences. On Gnome that is, not sure if KDE has that problem or not. Cheers!

I'm currently on Mandriva and just got it installed following gstaikov's instructions and it worked great and then I think I may have hit your problem Luke. When I go to move around inside Realflow I can't with the alt + lmb. Anyways you can move around with the alt + shift + lmb and or alt + ctrl + lmb. I went and looked in my settings in Mandriva menu> tools > system tools > KDE Control Center but didn't find anything in the keyboard section to fix the problem. Would you mind elaborating on how you fixed it? sure it won't be the same, but it's just another flavor of linux so it can't be to different.

Cheers
http://www.woodard.co.nz

lukeiamyourfather

RealFlow and Linux

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:21 pm

r3dcube wrote:

I'm currently on Mandriva and just got it installed following gstaikov's instructions and it worked great and then I think I may have hit your problem Luke. When I go to move around inside Realflow I can't with the alt + lmb. Anyways you can move around with the alt + shift + lmb and or alt + ctrl + lmb. I went and looked in my settings in Mandriva menu> tools > system tools > KDE Control Center but didn't find anything in the keyboard section to fix the problem. Would you mind elaborating on how you fixed it? sure it won't be the same, but it's just another flavor of linux so it can't be to different.

Cheers

The option is not in the keyboard preferences. Its in the Windows preferences. I haven't used Mandrake/Mandriva for years so not sure where that option is these days. Its here in Fedora, see the bottom of the first post:

http://www.realflowforum.com/view_topic.php?id=3699

r3dcube

RealFlow and Linux

Postby r3dcube » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:57 pm

brilliant man, that worked great!

For those wondering.... in Mandriva 2008.1 go to your Control Center> Desktop (tab on left) >window behaviour> window actions (tab on right side) -- change the modifier key to meta.

This may apply to 2009 but haven't upgraded yet.

Can't believe I missed that tutorial but great work. I have only been using Mandriva for about 2 weeks now. Was once a Red Hat user many moons ago.

lukeiamyourfather

RealFlow and Linux

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:05 am

r3dcube wrote: brilliant man, that worked great!

For those wondering.... in Mandriva 2008.1 go to your Control Center> Desktop (tab on left) >window behaviour> window actions (tab on right side) -- change the modifier key to meta.

This may apply to 2009 but haven't upgraded yet.

Can't believe I missed that tutorial but great work. I have only been using Mandriva for about 2 weeks now. Was once a Red Hat user many moons ago.

How do you like Mandriva? Last time I tried it was probably 5 years ago or more, but lots has changed since then. I like the graphical installer since it was one of the first. Glad that worked, and thanks for sharing the fix for Mandriva. Cheers!

r3dcube

RealFlow and Linux

Postby r3dcube » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:16 am

It's a great OS just trying to get my head around Linux again. The interface reminds me a lot of windows in some parts so the switch is minimal :)

r3dcube

RealFlow and Linux

Postby r3dcube » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:00 am

Just to update since I am now on Mandriva 2009 KDE.

My buddy uses Fedora 10 KDE and it looks like an identical interface. Might be similar to install now. All you have to do now is run the rpm and everything sets up fine. The way it should be :) Had heaps of headache last time getting everything set up.

To get the Alt key working just click < Menu >
Click window behavior and then on the right tab click Change the modifier key to Meta. Almost the same as the last one.

Hope this helps!

r3dcube

RealFlow and Linux

Postby r3dcube » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:46 am

Installing Realflow 5.0.3 and having a bit of trouble. To start the only install docs I can find are on the download page and they are quite minimal.

Code: Select all

home/tmp/realflow/bin

/realflow

this returned "command not found," so I tried..

./realflow

which gave me an error

/home/bryan/tmp/realflow/lib                                                   
Segmentation fault

Anyone got any clues as to what Segmentation Fault is? I'm assuming it's parsing something incorrectly in the libs folder...

Cheers,

B

lukeiamyourfather

RealFlow and Linux

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Segmentation fault means it was trying to do something with memory that didn't belong to it. There are probably a million reasons why this could happen... Do you have tcsh installed? Though it probably wouldn't even get that far if you didn't. What graphics drivers are you using? What operating system?

r3dcube

RealFlow and Linux

Postby r3dcube » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 am

Do you have tcsh installed? Though it probably wouldn't even get that far if you didn't. What graphics drivers are you using? What operating system?

I'm using Mandriva 2010.2, I believe the most recent nvidia driver for my card and definitely have tcsh.

So bypass that last post I'm not sure what was going on. I can get RF5 up and running just getting this error now.

[bryan@localhost bin]$ ./realflow
/home/bryan/tmp/.realflow/lib                                                   
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>                         
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback

RealFlow warning: Couldn't initialize python site module.
Scripts depending on the site packages might not work.
A new fresh installation of RealFlow should fix the problem.

I tried to edit my /home/usr/.bashrc file with the export PYTHONHOME but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. This may not be what it's looking for either but it's all I can think of. This is what is in .bashrc as of now...

export PYTHONHOME=/home/bryan/tmp/.realflow/lib

Return to “Others”