realflow2012 meshing crash

Discussions about the use of Realflow 2012
scrotumpancakes

realflow2012 meshing crash

Postby scrotumpancakes » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 pm

I am new to realflow, so this issue maybe more obvious to others.

I am using realflow2012(6.0.0.0070) in linux and everytime I try to mesh my cached out particles realflow crashes. It will not always crash on the exact same frame(s), but the frame range remains fairly constant.

I have tried re-caching the particles many times, changing step size, resolution and other parameters with no success.

The particles are colliding with animated SD file that was generated from an alembic file in maya2014 (I am not sure if this is the source of the issue, though I have had the same asset work in other shots)

One interesting thing is I can load the cached particles in maya2014 (via realflow emitter) and the frames that cause the crashing at mesh time do not display while the particle is set to points, but will display as numeric, sprites, blobby surface, cloud, and tubes. When displayed as numeric, the troubled frames still have positional, rfVelocity, and particleId information.

Lastly, when realflow does crash I get a message in the shell that says: floating exception (core dumped)

Any ideas are welcomed at this point.

saka

Re: realflow2012 meshing crash

Postby saka » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:57 am

hi,
please try to change fluid mode into cache-mode.
and off fluid simulaton (under the right, plldown nemu)
so,you can make mesh without particle simulations,faster and stable.

ChristianZ

Re: realflow2012 meshing crash

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:38 am

Have checked already if you are running out of RAM during meshing ? Do you use the GUI for this action or the command line mode ?
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “Realflow 2012”