Particle Surface Flow

Discussions about the use of Realflow 2012
hthompso

Particle Surface Flow

Postby hthompso » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi guys,

So..I'm working on fluid flowing over the surface of a cube. I'd like to have the surface covered and the liquid drip from the very bottom.
I can't seem to keep the particles from flowing over the edges. I've tried attractors, object fields, stickiness, magic daemons, surface tension ect.

I'm probably using the wrong combination of daemons..do you guys have any suggestions for how best to create this effect?

Thanks as always :)
Hunter

Oldcode

Re: Particle Surface Flow

Postby Oldcode » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:54 am

In the Particle Fluid Interaction section of your cube properties, increase the Particle Friction and Roughness.

I had this same problem making mud stick to my object.

Be careful, too much particle friction, especially with high viscosity settings will give undesirable results such as popping particles.

Good luck,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

hthompso

Postby hthompso » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:45 am

Nice, I gave it a shot and I was able to create an sort of interesting ice effect but I'd rather have an oily, smooth consistency. I haven't had much luck with the object field daemon but would the be an appropriate solution? Should I just bevel the edges on my cube?

hthompso

Postby hthompso » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:49 am

Hm I don't think I was clear enough in my description.. I'm attempting to have my fluids cross over the sharp corners and bottom edges of the cube..which is a bit gravity defying and flow out of the 4 pointed end in the very middle.

Return to “Realflow 2012”