Realflow Fire/Smoke Tutorials?

Discussions about the use of Realflow 5
LeadingNowhere

Realflow Fire/Smoke Tutorials?

Postby LeadingNowhere » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:35 am

I have been using Cinema 4D as my 3D program for a long time now. My only problem is there is only one plugin to make fire simulations, TurbulenceFD, and I don't really like it. I have seen examples of fire from Realflow, and they look very good. I was wondering if there are any tutorials on how to create realistic fire in Realflow online. Thanks!

ChristianZ

Re: Realflow Fire/Smoke Tutorials?

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:39 am

Hi
I am not aware of tutorials for fire and smoke using Realflow. Can you post a link to those examples that you have found ?

Generally, RF is not a good solution for fire and smoke, because it is optimized for liquids and does not provide the shaders for rendering heat and smoke density as other plugins and programs that do this automatically for you.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

LeadingNowhere

Postby LeadingNowhere » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vm5FTMPxz0 This one has more of a candle flame.
I may have been mistaken, most people were actually using realflow meshes to generate flames in dedicated fire plugins.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Yes, candle flames with a compact structure and without smoke can be done using RF. For example use a noise daemon to produce some flickering and a k-age daemon to kill the particles quickly after they have left the emitter.
Nevertheless, you have to care about the color, incandescence etc. in C4D after the import of the mesh-sequence.
There is another plugin to make flames in C4D: Navié Effex. It may not be easier to use than TFD, but can do both liquids and flames.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Realflow 5”