Exploding paint

Discussions about the use of Realflow 5
Stephen

Exploding paint

Postby Stephen » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi guys

Somebody posted asking about this a while ago but there was no response in the thread I found.

I would like to replicate something similar to this:
https://vimeo.com/31746616

I wish to achieve this with my own object. I'm only concerned with the realflow part of it where I have a filled object that 'bursts'. I'm new to realflow but I assume I start with a fillobject emitter using the model I've imported but I don't know how to go from that to it exploding.

So far I've been experimenting with internal/external pressure and keyframing the object from active to inactive and then I tried using an attractor, keyframing it's strength from 0 to a negative amount which sort of looked promising but kept crashing.

Any suggestions for the best method?

Stephen

Re: Exploding paint

Postby Stephen » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:37 pm

I'm starting to get somewhere using the fill object and changing the object to inactive and then using a Magic Daemon with negative values to push away the fluid.

I'll keep updating with my progress and probably add some renders later.

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:04 am

I've moved away from the exploding paint as I wasn't getting the results I was after so instead I've gone for splashing paint:

https://vimeo.com/69304232

My problem with this is the sort of 'crackly effect' I'm getting. I think this is to do with the the paint going a bit stringy which I think is due to the filter settings. The problem if I reduce this the spheres/metaballs become very obvious, mainly because they're too large. If I then reduce their radius, even with no filter settings, they come very string/crackly.

Oldcode

Postby Oldcode » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:37 am

You could try a Sheeter Demon to fill in some of the gaps in the fluid to help it look better.

Good luck,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Return to “Realflow 5”