Blood Dripping Down Wall

Discussions about the use of Realflow 5
priscellie

Blood Dripping Down Wall

Postby priscellie » Sun May 19, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm very new to RealFlow, so pardon my ignorance!

I'm trying to create blood dripping down the wall, like this: http://diyfashion.about.com/od/budgetco ... ipes_7.htm

I've experimented with viscosity, friction, surface tension, and more, but I can't get the "trail" effect. I suspect this might involve the wet/dry UVs, but I'm not sure if that would give me the smooth delineation I need between the thinner and thicker parts of the fluid. I don't really know where to begin! Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks in advance!

ChristianZ

Re: Blood Dripping Down Wall

Postby ChristianZ » Mon May 20, 2013 11:29 am

Difficult.... RealFlow does not really know adhesion forces on objects. So either you make the liquid more like a large splash (like an entire bucket of paint thrown at the wall) or use the wet map. The wet map will give you the trail on the wall (to be used a stained texture), but without the liquid sticking on it.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Oldcode

Postby Oldcode » Mon May 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Select your wall object. In Particle Fluid Interactions, bump up both the Particle Friction and Roughness. Set Sticky to high levels. I have a similar situation where I have settings like this...

Sticky 200
Particle Friction 0.1
Roughness 0.1

Start here and experiment.

Good luck,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:31 pm

I can't help with the realflow problem as I've just started it using myself but, once you've managed to get the variation in thickness, when it comes to rendering, you want to look in to sub surface scattering which allows light to penetrate materials by amounts dependent on the thickness of the object i.e. the thinner the object, the more light passes through. This is commonly used on textures like skin and wax but would probably work well for something like blood too.

Return to “Realflow 5”