Fill Volume question

Discussions about the use of Realflow 5
Nimmy_the_Jim

Fill Volume question

Postby Nimmy_the_Jim » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi Everyone

I have a rising logo which forms using magic daemon from a puddle
Increasing the volume amount gives me excess particles which stay on the ground (exactly the effect I want)

However

I want something more interesting than just a Circle. So I decided to use a custom object with a 'Fill Object' applied.
This worked perfectly and the logo forms. Except I cannot get the excess particles like I could with the Circle emitter and there is no 'Volume' controller on the Fill Object.

So my question is, how can I achieve this same effect of excess particles whilst using 'Fill Object' instead of a 'Fluid Object/emitter'.

Attached Image Comparison of Circle Emitter and Fill Object volume controls (its by increasing the Volume on the circle that I am achieving excess particles)

Any help would be appreciated and if there is another way which I haven't mentioned I would be interested to know

EDIT: This should really be in RF 2012 sub-forum, however I didnt know how to remove/move this post

Attached files

Nimmy_the_Jim

Fill Volume question

Postby Nimmy_the_Jim » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:52 pm

EDIT:
Ok think I figured it out
Either the Fill Daemon or Bitmap Emitter would achieve the results I want

The excess fluid was not just due to increase volume, but also because the extra particles were falling through the plane and getting stuck under it (thus giving the impression of excess particles)

So all I need to do is lower the particles so that some get caught below the plane :)

mrpepe4

Re: Fill Volume question

Postby mrpepe4 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:27 pm

its maybe a bit late but still.
you can take your logo and flip normals.
inside realflow use the object emitter to fill the logo regularly.
increase substeps that the particles stay inside (or add some kill deamons to kill those particles)
best,
p4

khushfehmi045

Re: Fill Volume question

Postby khushfehmi045 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:57 pm

The excess fluid was not just due to increase volume, but also because the extra particles were falling through the plane and getting stuck under it (thus giving the impression of excess particles) ??

Return to “Realflow 5”