RFRK 2013 Lightwave Render issues

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Lightwave
Borgu

RFRK 2013 Lightwave Render issues

Postby Borgu » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:23 am

I'm working on a animation using Lightwave and Realflow 2013. I got all the simulations done, everything is ready to render. The problem is RFRK is freaking out on batch renders. I can render frames individually fine, but when I start a batch render it renders the first frame fine but every subsequent frame is messed up. It appears like the subsequent frames are losing transparency for some reason.

In the renders below I am using a Dielectric material for the fluid, but I've tried an old-school transparent surface with some reflectivity and I get the same results. Tried different types of radiosity, etc.

I meshed everything and didn't get the render issues...but the RFRK renders look WAY better and are much faster.

Anybody know what might be going on?

Oldcode

Re: RFRK 2013 Lightwave Render issues

Postby Oldcode » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 pm

If you've not already, I suggest going to the official forum. There seem to be very few of us Lightwavers here and the Render Kit for Lightwave is brand new.

The few times I've tried the Render Kit has been frustrating just to get the basics. I've not even thought about doing a batch.

Good luck,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Borgu

Postby Borgu » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Just using the learning edition here. It sounds like you need to own the full version to post on the official forums.

Oldcode

Postby Oldcode » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Not at all. I've got the LE too and I post there occasionally. You have to create an account but its free.

Good luck,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Borgu

Postby Borgu » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:44 pm

When I login to the RealFlow forums there is no way to post. No post or reply buttons. When I enter a forum (Lightwave for example) I see the following at the bottom right portion of the screen.