Not rendering pre-processed surface sequences.

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Lightwave
bubble_boy

Postby bubble_boy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Hey guys.

Have seen this issue mentioned in one or two of the threads on here, but not really sure if there is a workaround or not. Hopefully I haven't missed the answer to the issue.

I import a .bin sequence into lw 9.6 64bit, using the latest rf plugins that I downloaded today. Set up my lights and surfacing using F9 and all is well. As soon as I want to render a sequence with F10, that is where the problems start. It seems the pre-processing is not done, or if it is done, that it is not correctly done. The liquid with sigma shader on comes out dark.

Is there perhaps a fix I am missing? Is there a beta version out that has this issue resolved? Is there a workaround to the problem?

I have mailed support, but am not sure what the turnaround will be on this question.

I am really hoping someone can have some good news for me.

Thank you.

Soth3d

Postby Soth3d » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Generate lwo sequence (RF, export central > mesh > lwo) and use it in the liightwave, every lwo have morph map that you can use as a base for motion blur, you will finish not using plug-in at all. :)
Cheers
Tomek
Oh, Lord, Please Don't Burn Us
HP Z800 | 6GB RAM | 2x Xeon W5580 3.2Ghz | ATI 4870

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:09 am

I'm afraid at present there is no fix for the pre-processing situation, but we are continuing to look at the issue. We realise that this is particularly difficult for "liquid" animations as many do exhibit subsurface scattering, to mention just one LW node that needs pre-processing.

You might try baking the surface using the surfrep plugin available from Next Limit into a .lwo sequence output from RF and see how you get on.

I am really hoping someone can have some good news for me.

Sorry it wasn't the news you were looking for.

Shaun

bubble_boy

Postby bubble_boy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Thank you for the reply guys. :)

Soth3d. Can you please explain to me what you mean with using a morph target as a base for motion blur? We have only been able to achieve motion blur using.bin sequences, no such luck with .lwo sequences.

shaun_michael. thanks. Downloaded the plugin. Will see what we can sort out... :)

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Soth3d. Can you please explain to me what you mean with using a morph target as a base for motion blur? We have only been able to achieve motion blur using.bin sequences, no such luck with .lwo sequences.

If you output your meshes as .lwo files, each one has a morph built in, based on speed. Add morphmixer and you'll see the morph target. Set keyframe at 0 to 0% and keyframe at frame 1 to 100% and set post behaviour to repeat.

You'll then receive the benefit of the motion blur from the morph.

Off the top of my head I can't remember whether the current plugin release is capable of loading .lwo sequences, but it has already been built in for the next release along with some other goodies. Unfortunately, none of them are designed to solve the pre-process node problem yet.

Shaun

vbk!!!

Postby vbk!!! » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:20 pm

pre process surface are tricky to render even with simple lightwave scene.
The best to do is not to use it. (!)

bubble_boy

Postby bubble_boy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:24 am

Thanks for all the help.

Unfortunately this ended up not solving the problem. Using object sequencer I still get the error when rendering. This is with the Sigma2 shader. Guess I will have to re-texture with another less accurate SSS node.

Return to “Lightwave”