looking for something similar to relax modifier in Max

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Lightwave
Soth3d

Postby Soth3d » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi,
I want to do something similar to what you can see on this video. I want to apply in Layout on the mesh imported from RealFlow, so it need to be Layout function/plug-in.

http://designreform.net/2007/05/mesh-relaxation/

Any ideas?

PS New plug-in works very well, I had some issues when rendering form different drive. Paths are not relative but hard. like z:workprojectobjects. I will give some update later.

PS2 First image is taken after applying plug-in, second before. The difference is massive... I would like to be able to do it in LW.

Attached files
Cheers
Tomek
Oh, Lord, Please Don't Burn Us
HP Z800 | 6GB RAM | 2x Xeon W5580 3.2Ghz | ATI 4870

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi Tomek,

Glad the plugin is working well for you. If you have any thoughts for improvements or find any snags, please let me know.

As for your question above, I don't know off the top of my head whether something similar exists for lightwave but I'll have a look around. Maybe it's something we can build into the plugin, but I would have to speak to the developer to find out about that.

The mesh deformation and relaxation filters built into Realflow can do what you want, but are obviously not adjustable post-realflow.

Shaun

Soth3d

Postby Soth3d » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Thank you for quick reply, looks like I need to do it in RF, no big deal I guess. :)

I will try new plug-in soon on LWSN, will let know how is doing. Is there new beta or last version is from December?

EDIT: I got it, there is new one from January to download. :)
Cheers
Tomek

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:48 pm

The latest version is from January on the NL download page. Actually Tomek, perhaps you could ask DPont on the newtek boards whether any of the nodal displacement set-ups might produce the results you're after.

Shaun

Soth3d

Postby Soth3d » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:39 pm

shaun_michael wrote: The latest version is from January on the NL download page. Actually Tomek, perhaps you could ask DPont on the newtek boards whether any of the nodal displacement set-ups might produce the results you're after.

Good idea, thx.
Cheers
Tomek

Return to “Lightwave”