Error on object loading - LW 9.6 / RF 4 - crash F10 render

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Lightwave
rbfalconi

Postby rbfalconi » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi guys,

I´ve been trying to work with Real Flow 4 water into LW9.6.
The first time I rendered this animation, it was completed well, but I was unsatisfied with the surfacing, so I changed it. Now my surfaces are working fine, with nodes by the way, I used the surfrep.exe to surface all objects based on a .srf file.

I got the mesh loading well on the viewport with DStorm´s Object Sequencer v2 (because Next Limits deform plugin was crashing LW) but when I render an animation, it goes well for about 15 frames, then it crashes, saying 'ERROR ON OBJECT LOADING'.
The meshes are named like Mesh.001.lwo; I tried then with 5 digits also, but it didn´t work at all.

p.s: I changed the objects surface twice with the 'surfrep' and renamed the files once, can this be the problem?

Please, any ideas are more then welcome!

Thanks
Rafael Falconi

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:23 am

p.s: I changed the objects surface twice with the 'surfrep' and renamed the files once, can this be the problem?

Possibly.

Does it crash on the same frame each time Rafael, and have you tried renaming the mesh files to mesh01xxx.lwo without the extra point - I've never had an object load failure with this nomenclature?

Shaun

rbfalconi

Postby rbfalconi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Shaun,

thanks for the reply, I discovered I got some corrupted meshes, in a range of 150 frames, I got 5 wrong meshes.. I opened then in Modeler and got that message 'Error on object loading. Keep partially loaded mesh?' Then I assigned the surface manually, saved them and in Layout my F10 animation rendered all of the frames. I´m still checking if its totally correct.

I wonder if its common to happen, because in a large range of frames, where you need to let your computer render and you go out to do something else, it would be time consuming.

p.s. My meshes were named Mesh01.xxx.lwo; then I renamed them to Mesh.xxx.lwo.
I will try your suggestion Mesh01xxx.lwo and come back to reply.

Rafael Falconi

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:36 pm

If you have some corrupt meshes, remesh that range (by altering the default meshing script - save a copy of the original though). Then resurface them and try rendering that range again.

Shaun

Return to “Lightwave”