PAID: 1 second liquid flood simulation with point position t

Post your job offers here
particular

PAID: 1 second liquid flood simulation with point position t

Postby particular » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi,

I am in need of a scene project featuring a flash flood simulation against an environment geometry. The flood should be 24 frames or less, and should behave like a dam break - thick and high pressured, rapidly engulfing the environment.

Minimally, I need to be able to export the mesh series and a corresponding set of textures mapping the point position of the fluid over the animation. I'm also interested in velocity maps and whatever other fluid specific data realflow has to offer.

ChristianZ

Re: PAID: 1 second liquid flood simulation with point positi

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:46 pm

velocity maps

This is called the channels/magnitudes system in the RealFlow world. Alternatively, you could use several frames and use motion blur in post processing (because the simulation has to be made anyway for many frames).
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

particular

Postby particular » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi Christian,

Velocity seems to be fairly common in fluid sims. Is point position available in Realflow?

If not, I was thinking about approximating it by applying red and green gradients on U and V as a color texture and letting those colors travel over the course of the animation. Do you think that would work as a way of getting point positions or will the colors mix?

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Sorry for not being able to help more on this topic. I am using RF for educational visualisations and for hobby, so I am not familiar with many compositing and/or rendering options in other 3D programs.
But I think, the project should be feasible. Maybe another artist can send you some meshes for testing in your rendering pipeline.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Job opportunities”