Grad Student at Cranbrook Academy of Art Looking to Hire

Post your job offers here
jbrewster

Grad Student at Cranbrook Academy of Art Looking to Hire

Postby jbrewster » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:29 am

Hello!

I am a second year graduate student in ceramics at The Cranbrook Academy of Art. I am looking to hire someone to do a short -- about 10 second -- animation of a bouquet of flowers melting into a puddle.

I imagine the work will follow something along the lines of this tutorial:
http://geminus3d.com/wp-content/uploads ... torial.pdf

and will be done on a model purchased from turbosquid.com.

The resulting animation would have something similar to this effect:
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0208/1 ... g1.jpg?192

I am, of course, willing to compensate for the time invested. You can see examples of my previous work at www.jessicabrewster.com

I look forward to hearing back!

ChristianZ

Re: Grad Student at Cranbrook Academy of Art Looking to Hire

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:36 am

Hello!

Did you find somebody for this job already?

I thought about it over Eastern holiday and I think there could be some challenges (at least for me ;) ) in this project.

In contrast to the apple in that other tutorial, flowers are usually constructed with flat planes and solid stalk, trunk and so on. The colorful flowers are usually applied as photographs onto the leaves and petals (being flat objects with crude shapes, see attached images). The first challenge is then, how can we fill these objects with particles? Later in the process we would have to project the flowers again on the mesh coming from realflow, but the images of flowers might not cover the entire mesh, hmm ?
Maybe another approach would be to stay in 2D and project the entire image of flowers against a melting wall?

RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Job opportunities”