Lava Lamp 2 Parts

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
AMMorman

Lava Lamp 2 Parts

Postby AMMorman » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Hello All.
I'm very new to realflow. I have modeled a lava lamp inside cinema 4d and I'm trying to get the water and the ooze inside of the container. Does anyone know how to make the ooze. More specific I'm using meatballs in cinema 4d as the ooze bubbles. All I need is the ozze at the bottom.

I also intend on shattering the lamp with water and ooze all over the scene. Would I animate the shattering of the lamp first of get the liquids inside the container I modeled first. Yes I know it's a big project and any help is greatly appreciated.
Please and Thank you.

AlvaroMd

Re: Lava Lamp 2 Parts

Postby AlvaroMd » Fri May 10, 2013 2:16 pm

Hey AMMorman, i know it's a very old topic but I just developed a tutorial on how you could create de ooze simulation.

https://vimeo.com/65790154

You can create and animate the shatter inside RF as well, but thats another stuff.

Otuama

Re: Lava Lamp 2 Parts

Postby Otuama » Fri May 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Good video. There are a couple of ways this can be done, using your method but also with scripting. The focus for my degree was getting conditional consuming of 'globules' in Rf.

Using collision detection of the outer particles of these globules it was possible to have the globules merge determined by a lava lamps real world physics. For example, they merge only when their temperatures are similar and/or the speed of one globule is faster than another. Plus, using a makeshift convection system the globules rose and fell when their temperatures changed.

I have some videos on Vimeo but they were only quick tests.
iCreate Ltd
'Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.' - Gandhi
'What Does Success Look Like?' - iCreate Ltd

Return to “Cinema 4D”