Motion Blur

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
stevester1

Motion Blur

Postby stevester1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:29 am

So yes, I'm well aware that the MB in cinema 4D is horrible (horrible is probably an understatement) but none the less, I need some motion blur and I feel like using C4D. So when I apply vector motion blur, since I don't need the bigger on rendertimes one, I hit render. No blur on my RF fluid. I apply a MB tag to my RF object, set blur to 100%. No blur on render. Christian, help me :)

ChristianZ

Motion Blur

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:32 am

Yes, that seems to be a weekness of C4D. With RF-meshes it is not easy, however, and other renderes have similar problems. Each frame is importing a new (baked) mesh with a different shape and polygon count.
I am afraid, the only MB-method working in this case is scene-motion blur, which is simply rendering the entire picture several times.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

tsn

Motion Blur

Postby tsn » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:29 am

I had the same experiences with motion blurred meshes. The only real thing is scene motion blur, but we all now the problems coming with this...

Another problem occurs on OS X (I cannot confirm this on XP) with blurred particles: In some rendered frames I get spikes, artifacts and long, white stripes. This behaviour is unpredectiable and not reproducable for a specific frame, it´s totally random. Does sb. experienced this as well?

stevester1

Motion Blur

Postby stevester1 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:54 pm

tsn wrote: I had the same experiences with motion blurred meshes. The only real thing is scene motion blur, but we all now the problems coming with this...

Another problem occurs on OS X (I cannot confirm this on XP) with blurred particles: In some rendered frames I get spikes, artifacts and long, white stripes. This behaviour is unpredectiable and not reproducable for a specific frame, it´s totally random. Does sb. experienced this as well?

I will test it out since I am on XP, but I wouldn't be surprised, C4D's MB is somewhat a disgrace to the game.

Return to “Cinema 4D”