Import of particle groups with individual shapes

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:32 am

Hi !

this is a very technical topic, which might be rarely used. But it has been asked in another forum and it might save some time for somebody trying to import particles into C4D using the thinking particles functions.
So the question is the following: you have saved particles from several emitters in RealFlow as .BIN files to the harddisc. Now you want to import them as individual groups and connect them with shapes (metaballs, spheres,...). The screenshot below shows all the elements that you need, the RF-importer as a generator node in thinking particles, the connection with shapes and the objects/shapes in the object editor.

RF10 standard + RFC4D

ascent

Postby ascent » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:44 pm

I notice that the batch of plugins that comes with RF4 doesn't have the particle loader. Is there still a way to get that data in?

thanks..

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi !

I don't have RF4 at the moment, since it is not yet available for Apple.

There is no more Xpresso node for RFParticles ? That's a pity.

The RALF-plugin is not an option, because it needs a serial number of the (no longer existing) producers.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

ascent

Postby ascent » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:05 pm

Okay, sorry, I was wrong. I didn't realize it was a TP node straight out of xpresso. The realflow plugins have changed some since the RF3, but you *can* still do what you're saying, thankfully.

I do still have a registered copy of RALF, although it seems to crash a fair bit.

I noticed somewhere that they said there was an SDK available for people to use... might be interesting to see how difficult it would be to read the .md data and other information.. and I'd love to have 64-bit versions of the plugin to work with the 64 bit Cinema and 64 bit realflow... I should request that, I guess.

james@beautifultv.co.uk

Postby james@beautifultv.co.uk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Hello,

I have imported my particles into c4d as above but used the nextlimit particle importer plugin. I was wondering if there was anyway in C4d to make the particles rotate randomly?

Cheers,

J.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi !

good question, but sorry, I don't know. Unfortunately, I never enjoyed much thinking particles and observed a lot of strange behaviors when loading RF particles in recent years (position shifts, stuttering, editor slowdown).
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “Cinema 4D”