new fluid engine in the DPIT-plugin

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
stevester1

Postby stevester1 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:24 pm

ChristianZ wrote: Well, I think we should not forget the historical dimension of this discussion :)

I am using Cinema4D since version 6 and at that time there were only few competitors in the same market as compared to today. C4D originally came from the Amiga Homecomputer platform and was established on Windows and Mac after a rewrite. It became the 3D-software of choice for people who did everything on their own on relatively cheap hardware.
Maya on the other hand was born in a much more "industrialized" environment at Alias|Wavefront and initialy run only on IRIX, the Unix-operating system of pricey SGI workstations.
In recent years we have seen price drops on hardware and sometimes also rather dramatically in software, Lightwave and Maya as typical examples. Cinema4D instead was getting bigger and more expensive, and the expectations and demands from the customers have developed likewise...
Personally, I still like the ease of use of C4D and I will continue to upgrade at least next year. At the same time I started to learn Maya some months ago and there I enjoy a better integration of the different modules and a better support by Nextlimit, for example, but the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence...

I agree with you 100%, but I'm also playing round with demo versions of max (by the way, are max 6 and 7 licenses still available, just wonderring if I could save money instead of buying the 9th v.)?

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:09 pm

3ds Max is not available for Apple, so I was never tempted.

Obvious drawback of older versions: they are often incompatible with new plugins in general, especially with those from Nextlimit and the latest versions of external renderers.

Concerning external renderers, the upcoming Vray-bridge-to-C4D really looks promising. It seems, as many C4D-shaders can be used and that would provide a better integration than Maxwell.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=349805&page=30&pp=15
RF10 standard + RFC4D

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:22 pm

So, today should finally appear the new version of the dpit-plugin with fluids for Cinema4D.

The detailed description updated today looks good. If this is a usable solution, it will be by far the least expensive fluid software on the market.

http://www.dpit2.de/dpitinfo/fluids.html
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “Cinema 4D”