URGENT PROBLEM - Deadline Approaching

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
stevester1

Postby stevester1 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:59 am

Hey guys, I'm in deep caca if this doesnt work so I really need your help.

So I have an hourglass with a logo inside, now I created my whole scene in RF (which I'm starting to regret) and I didn't build a mesh, because I was going to apply very small shapes to the particles inside C4D. Now I do my scene calculation, which took me way to long to be able to change anything at this point lol, and it looks good. So I open up C4D, create a null, add an expresso tag, pop in the NL node, choose my particle sequence, hit play.... nothing? There's no particles on my screen. None. I attempted using the 8.5 plugin, the 9 plugin, all of them. None worked. I really need your help guys, I must see my particles haha

(and I would like to avoid using flowtracer and spending 17 weeks renderring it :) )

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:26 am

But... do you still have other scenes on your harddisc, where the little trick with the particle loader works ? Did you check for all connections between shape-node and thinking particles geometry object ?
Otherwise it might be something related to the C4D installation like upgrading to C4Dv10 or similar problems.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

stevester1

Postby stevester1 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:30 pm

ChristianZ wrote: But... do you still have other scenes on your harddisc, where the little trick with the particle loader works ? Did you check for all connections between shape-node and thinking particles geometry object ?
Otherwise it might be something related to the C4D installation like upgrading to C4Dv10 or similar problems.

Thanks for reply.

Nope, I've just tried all my other project files and they don't work either. I'm using 9.6, but I hanvt had to import particles into C4D threw the NL node in a while, probably long enough that I was still on 9.2. Does it work for you Christian in 9.6? If so which plugin are you using dude?

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:01 pm

I just ran a little test today and it seems to work in C4D9.6 with RF3. The setup of thinking particles can be done it several ways (which I don't find that much logical sometimes), but basically it still works.

I am using the latest plugin that was available for RF3 and C4D (on the Mac we did not have the animation problem for the latest plugin).

RF10 standard + RFC4D

stevester1

Postby stevester1 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:16 am

Nope i've tried it all. but for some odd reason, in my xpresso editor, i create the NL node, everything is normal, and as soon as I choose my particle sequence, it becomes (the node) yellow like if there was an error or something

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:02 am

That is odd.
If you see the node, then the plugin should be installed....
Getting yellow is normal error message for the node, if you selected not the first particle file in a sequence but something in between or at the end.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

stevester1

Postby stevester1 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:41 pm

i selected the 0000 one, than the 00001 and they both give the same error message, this sucks :(

stevester1

Postby stevester1 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:56 am

im screwed arent i lol

oh to add to the problem, my flowtracer doesnt load the particles either. w00t.

EDIT!!!!

Yes i got it working, by combining elements on the v8.5 and the v9 plugins (only took like 4 hours :) ). So now I do have a problem though, even though my scene scale is 0.01, once I import my particles in cinema 4d, they are huge:

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:56 am

Congratulations ! I knew, you will get it to work, Stevester1 :P

Now you are almost there, the size of the imported particle cloud can be changed by changing the coordinates size settings for x,y,z (1->100 or 0.01 respectively) of the particle geometry object in the object manager, or of whatever you have there in the object manager.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

stevester1

Postby stevester1 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:25 pm

w00t the particly import size was 100. Thank the lord these forums are here, i emailed netlimit a while back and I doubt I will hear from them, thanks christian.

Return to “Cinema 4D”