Wetmaps

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
ticktockdoc

Wetmaps

Postby ticktockdoc » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:16 pm

I see this has been covered before but was supposed to be fixed by now?
I have C4D 10.5 and RF 4.3. Textured objects brought into RF do not have their texture seen and generated wet maps are all black. Here is my process. Please let me know where I'm going wrong:

1) Create primitive.
2) Make it editable. This adds a UV tag in the object manager.
3) Create a new texture using a bitmap.
4) Apply the texture to the object. Once applied I have tried UV mapping, spherical, frontal, etc. Doesn't seem to matter.
5) Verify that the object is triangulated.
6) Export using the SD plug.
7) Import object to RF. The object shows up fine.
8) Make texture visible and turn shading option to show texture. Despite doing this the texture is NOT visible on the object.
9) Turn wetmaps on.
10) Simulate. The object does NOT turn black at this point and the wetmap images generated are 100% black.

tsn

Wetmaps

Postby tsn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:09 am

Hello ticktockdoc,

welcome to the forum. Could please send me your scene file? From your description I can´t see any errors, so it´d be better to evalute this problem using your original files.

Just PM me and I´ll give you my mail address.

lukeiamyourfather

Wetmaps

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:32 pm

The problem could be more technical than this, but make sure wet maps are turned on in Export Central. Check the image files that are being generated with an image viewer, outside of RF or your 3D package. Good luck!

ticktockdoc

Wetmaps

Postby ticktockdoc » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:11 pm

Thank you for trying to help. Yes, wet maps are turned on in Export Central. The image files are being generated. The problem is that they are all 100% black. And I cannot see the txture on the object in RF (yes, I say yes to Show Texture). So I'm certain the UV mapping is not occurring properly in C4D. I'm new to C4D so I think I'm somehow not doing it right there (though the object does have a UV tag on it before I export it).

Kokosing

Wetmaps

Postby Kokosing » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:01 pm

Is it possible that your UV's aren't actually lined up on the model? I would look in C4D and make sure that you are actually using UV Mapping when you look at your textured model. Having a UV tag doesn't guarantee that you're using it. Click on the texture tag in C4D (not the UV tag) and look in the attribute manager. Is the mapping set to UVW? If not, you might not notice problems with the UV coords.

W

ticktockdoc

Wetmaps

Postby ticktockdoc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:43 pm

My problem was solved. NL tech support was prompt and competent. For other neophytes who may encounter the same problem, here is the issue: As soon as I make a primitive editable, a UV tag gets affixed to it. This is all that is needed in order to generate wet maps when exported to RF. I was then adding a bitmapped material (which is as per my reading of the instructions) to the object. This, per tech support was giving it 2 sets of UV coordinates & thus unreadable by RF. The solution is to either not add a material, or to remove the UV tag that was generated automatically if a bitmapped material is to be added. So, is this automatic generation of a UV tag as soon as a primitive is made editable something new in 10.5? Anyway, problem is solved and I thank all who assisted.

tsn

Wetmaps

Postby tsn » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:49 am

ticktockdoc,

that´s great. I glad to here your problem is solved. And thanks for sharing this information to prevent other users from this issue.

visualtricks

Wetmaps

Postby visualtricks » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:11 am

Hi everyone
this is my first post here and i'm really enjoying this forum. I've read nearly all the post regarding wet maps and cinema4d but still can't get a result.. i'm a bit stuck.
This is what i'm doing:

- in c4d i made a cylinder, converted to polys, got rid of the top cap and triangulate
- deleted the auto-generated UV's
- assigned a material so i can start the interactive mapping and generate the new UV's
- once the UVs are created, deleted the material

- export the object to RF, loaded in the scene (the import scale set to 0,02)
- on the object activated the Show Texture and the Wet Map (the cylinder turn black as suposed)
- added an emitter and the daemons and run the simulation
- The object stays black until the first particles collide then suddenly turn to gray, but no wet map is generated whatsoever (i mean, they are genrated but all black)

Am I missing something ? Has anyone setup an object in c4d that exports correctly ?
Thanks anyone for reading

cheers
V.
www.visualtricks.it - www.c4dzone.com

ChriFF

Wetmaps

Postby ChriFF » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 am

visualtricks wrote: - The object stays black until the first particles collide then suddenly turn to gray, but no wet map is generated whatsoever (i mean, they are genrated but all black)

I have exactly the same problem (RF5)!

Long story made short: Is it possible to export manually creted UV-Maps to a RF sd-file?

In my current project there is a table ("tisch") which is an editable and triangulated primitve cube, rounded by the "fillet" setting.
- rf-wetmap_1.jpg -
I created this UV-map:
- rf-wetmap_2.jpg -
After exporting the sd-file and importing it again in a new c4d-scene, the uv-map is looking like that:
- rf-wetmap_3.jpg -
You can see, that all uv-polygons are in the upper left corner (yes, the small orange point!).
In the wetmap-images generated by RF everything is black, except the small dot in the corner.

What can I do?

Attached files

alspacka

Wetmaps

Postby alspacka » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:41 pm

RF5 plugin for cinema 4d doesnt export UV data properly... like, at all

You have to export your .sd using the rf4 plugin then import that into rf5

Return to “Cinema 4D”