Submerged Objects inside & influenced by Fluid

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
iline

Submerged Objects inside & influenced by Fluid

Postby iline » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:08 am

Hi! Using RFC4D 2.52

I'm wondering how to get some cloned spheres to drop into fluid and swirl around in the motion of the fluid.

Making a Cloner with a Rigid deformer doesn't make them dynamic, interact with the fluid, or pick up the Gravity daemon. I have added the Volume tag onto the sphere geo, with Solid Inside checked.

Is this a job for Realflow standalone?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

ChristianZ

Re: Submerged Objects inside & influenced by Fluid

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:05 am

Hi

if you have the standalone version of RF, then I would recommend to use it for this project as the interactions of liquids and rigid bodies are more predictable in my experience.
Nevertheless, it should work with rigid bodies (controlled by RFC4D, not mograph) and PBD-liquids (not SPH liquids) also in RFC4D. Take care that you include the interactions between all elements as they are not automatically there if you have multiple elements such as the rigid bodies and particles. Also, there seems to be no "impulse" parameter so that only the density of the object influences how much they are moved by the liquid.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

iline

Re: Submerged Objects inside & influenced by Fluid

Postby iline » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:15 am

Thanks Christian!

I hired a guy to help do the sims, but he seems as clueless as I on certain aspects of it. I'm going to use a fluid sim to generate Thinking Particles and clone onto those. With regards to Fluid-Fluid interaction, as long as the meshed fluid seems to influence the movement of the spheres, I don't care if the liquid isn't actually accosting each sphere particle according to its radius, so hopefully I can avoid Standalone for another year.

Return to “Cinema 4D”