Level of particle details inside the C4D

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
mihatsu

Level of particle details inside the C4D

Postby mihatsu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:56 pm

Hi,

I have emitter what I use to create particles for my fluid (water) and I want to use same particles to create air bubbles inside the water. How I can reduce the quantity of particles inside the C4D? Earlier I have imported particles from RealFlow app and used RFconnet plugin which has "Level of Details" parameter, this parameter reduces the quantity of particle. This worked well with thinking particles and I was able to render bubbles by Arnold rendered. I have used now realflow C4D plugin and I don't see this kind of detail parameter there. How should I do this? I hope this does't mean xpresso coding because I have total zero experience about it.

Thank you,
Mika

ChristianZ

Re: Level of particle details inside the C4D

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi

I don't think that the reduction of particle numbers alone gives you a better result. Instead I would suggest to use the filter daemon inside RFC4D. In this way you can influence the amount of particles in the bubbles emitter by the numerical parameters of the filtering.
That worked well for me in the standalone RF version https://youtu.be/54di2I9iODc
RF10 standard + RFC4D

mihatsu

Re: Level of particle details inside the C4D

Postby mihatsu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:09 pm

ChristianZ wrote:Hi

I don't think that the reduction of particle numbers alone gives you a better result. Instead I would suggest to use the filter daemon inside RFC4D. In this way you can influence the amount of particles in the bubbles emitter by the numerical parameters of the filtering.
That worked well for me in the standalone RF version https://youtu.be/54di2I9iODc

Thanks! I never thought I could use this filter daemon this way!

Return to “Cinema 4D”