SD file messed up after opening it on another computercine

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
jobbo

SD file messed up after opening it on another computercine

Postby jobbo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Hello all!

So I made this scene with a falling glass in realflow. I exported it to cinema 4d using the realflow plugin and everything worked well. Now I want to render it on the render farm I set up at school. The problem is that when I open the c4d project on any other computer, the object is just in the middle and lost al of it's animation. What can I do to fix this?

importing the sd again isn't an option, since I made lots of changes inside c4d.

I've added a screenshot with the pieces how it it now.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
small.jpg
small.jpg (102.7 KiB) Viewed 1289 times

ChristianZ

Re: SD file messed up after opening it on another computerci

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi

I don't know what precise steps you did so far, but it sounds like the animation was not imported as motion keys but instead still needs the connection to the animation.sd file in your RF project folder. So, maybe you could copy the animation.sd to the other computer and connect this file with the object in C4D again? Another option might be to import the object as an alembic-sequence instead of sd-import.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

jobbo

Postby jobbo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi @ChristianZ

Indeed. I believe it is connected to the sd file instead. How can I relink this again? Since I made a lot of changes inside C4D, I cannot import it again, because then I loose al the changes.
For the next project. How do I import the animation with keys instead of having it linked to the sd file?

Thanks

jobbo

Postby jobbo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:27 pm

I found out how to relink them. And it isn't the issue. I can select the sd file location, but it's still messed up, without any animation, and wrong location. ):

Return to “Cinema 4D”